See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 August 2015

This is an OLD motel. Needs new carpet, paint, furniture and bedding. The walls are thin with holes in them, the air conditioner is loud and the tub and tiles are badly stained.

HOWEVER, it is only $30 - $45 per night which reflects the condition of the property. Four of us stayed here 7 nights in rooms 101, 103, 105 and 212. Harry, the owner, is extremely nice and courteous. The small lobby smells like curry and seems to be a family owned inn.

Our rooms were kept very clean during our stay and we were definitely satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank SandraChamplain
Reviewed 21 July 2015

Let me explain the title of my review. How you react to this place will hinge on your expectations. The cost to stay here is at least half of what most places in the area go for. If all you are looking for is a place to sleep you can consider the Budget Inn. This is an older motel that looks like it got pretty rough but was given a makeover. The room I had was clean, the carpet new, the bedding of good quality and not worn. It had a shower only which also appeared well maintained. It seems the current management is trying to provide a decent stay for the price. I would stay here again (I typically come to Danville for car racing and all I need is a clean bed and a shower).

Other travelers may not appreciate the value, however. The outside looks kept but slightly tired. The in-room furniture is pretty beat-up; mine had a door that wouldn't close. There are small refrigerators and microwaves and modern TVs. The bathroom was clean but half the floor tiles were loose and needed re-grouting. The glass barrier in the main office is off-putting and frankly worrisome but the surrounding neighborhood I drove through really didn't seem bad. Only places to dine nearby are fast food or a curious cafeteria style 'diner' across the street (that was actually pretty good).

Honestly, I was pleased with what it was for the price and didn't find it off-putting but then my expectations and needs are lower than most people. If all you want is a clean place to crash for a night the Budget Inn is fine. If you're expecting free breakfast, a pool or IKEA furnishings this isn't the place for you. You can't beat it for the price, but you should know what the price is going to bring.

Room Tip: Ice machine is outside at the front. I would ask for street level vs the 'lower' level at the back to avoid stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank ddavidv
Reviewed 20 May 2015

Found lodging on internet and read reviews of others before booking my room. It seems must want to stay at a 5 star and pay less. The rates are attractive and the room was modest with a comfortable bed, flat panel TV and WIFI. If in the area I will stay with them again.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Steven H
Reviewed 24 February 2015

I have stayed at this budget inn twice, as I am doing clinical rotation at the local hospital, in two separate rooms, and have been satisfied both times. I was reluctant at first to Stay in a $36/night room, but the rooms are clean and the bed is comfy. Obviously you aren't going to get the luxurious bedding and plush carpeting you would at the Hampton inn, but this place is also $100 cheaper. The attendants are nice in the office. I would recommend this hotel if you want a decent place to sleep on a budget.

• Stayed: February 2015
1  Thank Stacey B
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Okay walls are paper thin. The bedding isn't clean and the wall mounted side desk is on the floor. I should have known when in the lobby the desk is behind bullet proof glass. I think I will stay awake until I'm sure things are okay. I think I have made a grave mistake staying here - I was too busy trying to get a good deal. I think I have learned my lesson.

Stayed: August 2014