“Good Mexican food, service and well worth visiting”

El Charro Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Dale City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 November 2015

I and the family have been customers ever since they opened years ago. Their salsa is usually the best in the area. My wife always orders the chips and salsa as a to go item, so she has them for snacks later. Food is good, and portions are huge for the price. Chips are made in house, and usually hot from the fryer. I like the Camarrones Coctel (shrimp cocktail to non Spanish speakers) as an appetizer, or for a light lunch meal when I'm trying to cut the calories.

The daily combos are a great lunch, we're partial to the No. 20 (chiles rellenos, enchilada, taco, with beans and rice. But you can't go wrong ordering from anything on the menu. But I also like the Arroz co Pollo, while my kids go for the Fajitas. Like I said, pretty much anything is good.

If you are expecting Tex-Mex style food, but that's not the style served here. There are very few restaurants in this area that serve that. I grew up in central Texas, so I do miss it, but this is an acceptable substitute.

Reviewed 25 July 2015

Ate here a couple times for dinner w/family and enjoyed the food. The ambiance was just right and relaxing and the service was good. The chips and salsa were very good. Love them! The enchiladas and fajitas (steak/beef) were my favorites.

If you want the right combination of atmosphere, good service and really good Mex food, this is your place!

Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

20 plus year patron. Lunch on Tuesday is crazy cheap. Great chips and salsa. Each family member has their favorite special. Fajitas are great but ask for more tortillas. Three is not enough.

Reviewed 29 October 2014

Had lunch here. It's pretty normal for a local Mexican restaurant. Chips are made in house and tasty. Salsa was pretty good. Service was pretty good. They kept our drinks filled. We each ordered off the $5.99 lunch special menu. Don't expect a lot of food but the portion is enough to fill you up and good for the price. Note that you get exactly what it says on the menu, no extras. If rice isn't listed, you're not getting any. If it says "enchilada", you'll only see one. Be aware and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 18 October 2014

good mexican food, veggie fajitas, enchiladas were good and tasty. sauce and spices were right amount. we enjoyed our lunch break at this place. staff , service excellent. will visit again on next round to this area.

2  Thank Akash_Talati