“Go for the fried okra”

Uncle Elder's Family Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 99 Restaurants in Culpeper
Reviewed 27 April 2016

Great food, great staff, so many choices it is hard to pick but the fried okra is awesome and I will get that every time I go because I can't think of any other place around here that has that.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

The serving sizes are more then adequate and we enjoy the casual atmosphere of this restaurant. Good variety of choices and like the fact that you can choose a smaller lunch portion even at dinner time.

Reviewed 14 February 2016

While visiting Culpeper for the day, we decided to visit Uncle Elder's, based on other TripAdvisor reviews. We were not disappointed.

We started off with some sweet onion hush puppies, paired with some darn good apple butter. I had never had hush puppies with apple butter, but now I know it is a pair made in heaven.

I had the brisket, which was easily the most moist and flavorful I've ever had. The outer skin had a little crunch and the inside was extremely moist. My sides were fried sweet corn and simmered apples.

My wife had the pulled pork, with an incredible mac 'n cheese side and some tangy baked beans.

It's always great when you find good BBQ, but when they combine great sides with it, you have found a gem. Uncle Elder's was our Saturday gem!

Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

Had the beef brisket sandwich with fries, and it was amazing! The brisket was tender with a slight spicy tang. The fries were crisp on the outside and soft inside with a seasoning salt - perfect! We'll be going back again!

Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

My husband and I went here on a date night, he was craving BBQ. The portions are large and the prices are great. Pretty good southern comfort food. The hush puppies and apple butter are on point.