“Amazing brisket”

Shawn's Smokehouse BBQ Company
Ranked #4 of 106 Restaurants in Culpeper
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 4 May 2017

We shared the junior sampler platter (feeds 3) the first time. A great way to taste a variety of meats and sides. Next visit we ordered the burnt ends (brisket) and the cole slaw. They are the best. The slaw has coconut in it and it's delicious! Go early or wait in line. It's a popular hangout. The staff is delightful. Don't forget to save room for dessert!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

My family was in town visiting and had their heart set on ribs, so we decided to try Shawn's. It had a little more of a chain restaurant look and feel than I was expecting when we first walked in. But the staff was very friendly and patience while we tried to figure out everyone's orders, and everything was clean. The food came out fairly quickly and exactly as ordered. It was delicious, and that's coming from a non-meat eater. My husband said that the ribs were the best he's ever had. Everyone really seemed to enjoy the mac & cheese, as well as the coleslaw. We'll definitely come back again!

1  Thank gibsongirl104
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We have eaten at Shawns many, many times both take out and eat in. We love their ribs and pulled pork. Our favorite sauce is the mango BBQ. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

The staff is always friendly. I like their bbq. The sandwich is my fav. I wish the cole slaw did not have coconut in it, I don't care for the taste. All the other sides are good.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

First visit. Stopped here for lunch on the way to Montpelier. Got the Smokehouse Sampler, to try a bit of everything. Plenty for 2 for lunch and some leftovers for 1 more good meal.

Everything was outstanding. Nice smokey flavor and aroma to the ribs, brisket, shredded pork, and chicken; all perfectly cooked and juicy.

We got fries (tasty and crunchy), mac and cheese (great flavor, creamy, not dry/tacky), and cole slaw for sides. I am not sure how common "coconut in cole slaw" is, but this was my first encounter with it, and it works well. I was hooked from the first spoonful.

There's 5-6 different sauces to try. Try them *with* some meat to get the full effect. Dabbing and tasting with just a fork is inadequate.

If I lived closer, I would eat here every week.

1  Thank The-RTW