1,043 results
All reviewsthe main housewildflower roombed and breakfastskyline driveshenandoah national parkwhite hallb bsromantic getawayblue ridgewineriescharlottesvillehostsfarmhousedinaaccommodationsrobes
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My husband and I have never been to a bed and breakfast before, and weren't sure what to expect. The atmosphere was warm and inviting. The views were breathtaking. Dick and Hayden were wonderful welcoming hosts, they made us feel right at home. We stayed in the country manor room, and really enjoyed it. My husband made arrangements to have some local wine, and cheese in our room when we arrived, and it was such a special treat! The WiFi signal in that room is very good, other guests said their signals were weaker. Breakfast was delicious, great comfort food. And the icing on the cake was Dick and Hayden are fellow Purdue alum, we enjoyed sharing stories and talking Boilermaker sports. If we are ever in the Charlottesville area again, we will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2012

When I look back over where I've traveled throughout the world, including Four and Five Star hotels in Florence, Peru, Johannesburg, Zanzibar and Ireland, I can say that The Inn at Sugar Hill is among my top three favorite lodging arrangements. Their hospitality is exceptional, everything is well maintained, the natural beauty of the area is calming and invigorating. My husband and I enjoyed the inns fabulous breakfast every morning. We even saw a fox, running through the meadow next to the Inn as we were sitting at the breakfast table. The swimming hole along the trail, from a mountain stream, was refreshing. Not too far away there is a spectacular winery - White Hall. It is the oldest winery in the area and has won extended accolades for its wines. It was better than some winery's we visited just north of Santa Barbara, CA. Staying at The Inn at Sugar Hollow Farm crafted special memories for my husband and I.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Bill, Haden, and Bit are some of the nicest people you will meet. We stayed in the Hunt suite, the suite had everything. There is nothing at this bed and breakfast that isn't well thought out, everything is high quality, finely layed out, and located exactly where it needs to be.

Staying at The Inn at Sugar Hollow is like going back in time, and staying at your very wealthy and tasteful grandparents house, with the same warm hospitality you get from family rather than people you are meeting for the first time.

You cannot go wrong, and if you are feeling adventurous there is a natural swimming whole up the road after a short hike. If you like to fish there is also a stocked reservoir with trout, all in all its just a great place to relax, the views are spectacular.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Excellent accomodations, delicious breakfast, gracious inn keepers. Beautiful setting even in the hot summer weather. Treated better than family. First rate experience. Will return again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The setting is unique. There is a deck for watching wildlife or just enjoying the fresh air. The Inn is clean and spotless: no dust in the rooms or elsewhere. There is a "kitchenette" near all the rooms with a refrigerator, soft drinks, coffee, tea, etc. The breakfast was delicious and beautifully presented. We asked for low carbohydrate breakfast and they totally accommodated us with an assortment of low carbohydrate dishes. They went well beyond our expectations for breakfast. Just as important as cleanliness and a great breakfast: the owners and the assistant manager were so nice, interesting, informative, warm and friendly. What a wonderful find!

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Woodland" room which had a nice view of the mountains. It also had a fireplace which would be nice in the fall and winter months.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple