“Where to begin”

The Oaks Victorian Inn
Reviewed 31 May 2012

After arriving at The Oaks Bernie,the owner,gave us a brief history of the mansion. It was charming and quite informative. He than directed us to the menu basket which contained all of the menus of the restaurants in the area. Then the nice part of the conservation, Berni asked us if we had any dietary restrictions for breakfast. With me being a diabetic and always a concern he informed me I would be taking care of. I was special.. They fixed me a wonderful three course breakfast that consisted of yogurt, fruit and for me a beautifully prepared egg/cheese souffle that was to die for. All served in an elegant setting. The rooms carried a sense of style and elegance that was befitting of the era in the moment of time. I was truly relaxed, I was home. Thank you Linda and Bernie for the moment in time. It was truly remarkable.
From : Dana and Tom

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dana M
Theoaksvictorianinn, Owner at The Oaks Victorian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Oaks. We're so pleased that you felt at home here. We have lot's of special recipes for savory style breakfasts and hope to be your hosts again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Oaks Victorian Inn

Reviewed 31 May 2012

After 2 deaths in the family my wife and I needed a getaway to rekindle our feelings and connect again. I've stayed at B & B's before. This was by far the best experience I've had. The breakfast was fabulous and the hospitality was outstanding. Linda and Bernie have out done themselves. After first breakfast they knew excatly what my wife and I liked to drink with breakfast. We stay in the cottage and it was very peaceful with our own hot tub and suana. The loft with the window view was magnificiant. Nobody bothered us while we were in the cottage, but talked with us if we were in the house. Loved it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for allowing us to give you a special place to reconnect. We too have recently lost loved ones and know how stressful that can be. We hope to see you again when life gets gets back to normal and you are traveling just for fun.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I literally got home just a couple hours ago and couldn't wait to share my review. I've been to a few B&Bs in the past, but this one is by far my most memorable and rewarding experience.

I was met on the porch by Linda and Bernie and personally taken into their home. They take each guest into their parlor and spend about 10 minutes getting to know you and to share some information about themselves and their home. They are very conscientious about any food issues their guests may have so that they can tailor breakfast around people's dietary needs.

The room I stayed in was wonderful (the Alexandria) and was amazingly quiet. Being an older home, I really expected to hear more moving around of the other guests. I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of noise. The bed was very comfortable and the room spacious.

The wrap-around porch is to die for, and the gardens in the back are so serene and welcoming. Linda has poured her heart into the grounds, and her love of the place really shows.

Then there are the breakfasts! Wow, each one was better than the last! At the end of breakfast, Linda and Bernie make the rounds to each of the tables and mingle with the guests for a little while, which was a very warm touch.

And if you need any suggestions for dinner, their assessments of the restaurants in town are spot on. The ones I went to were exceptionally tasty and came with high praise from Linda and Bernie.

Edie is their "Wonder Woman" who helps with breakfast and keeps the rooms immaculate. She's a bright ray of sunshine in the morning and makes sure that your room is completely spotless. She has been with the home for 21 years, so her love of The Oaks is very obvious.

You can never ask for more than people who love what they do, care about their guests, and pay attention to the little details (homemade cookies every day or sharing a glass of wine and great coversation with you on the porch, for example). I hope and pray my travels take me back to The Oaks and Linda and Bernie. The three days I spent there weren't nearly long enough.

Room Tip: Rooms on the main floor have central air. I can't claim this is better than rooms on the second...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Theoaksvictorianinn, Owner at The Oaks Victorian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Wow...what a fabulous review! We are truly appreciative of your observations all around and of your kind words regarding breakfast! When guests arrive at The Oaks, we make a genuine effort to welcome each and every one as if they were family. We enjoyed being your hosts and hopefully made a new friend. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

It was Radford graduation weekend and this mother had nowhere to stay. The Oaks Victorian Inn solved my dilemma! It was conveniently located and a peaceful respite from graduation events. The owners have done a fantastic job with period decorations and pay attention to each individual guest's schedule. I would highly recommend a visit; you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank DERigney
Theoaksvictorianinn, Manager at The Oaks Victorian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

So happy to have a room for you graduation weekend. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

My wife and I spend our anniversary every year in a different B&B. We have stayed at many B&Bs over the years, some I would recomend, others I would not. I must say The Oaks is a wonderful and peaceful place to get away. Beautiful manicured grounds, the views and the hospitality was excellent. Linda and Bernie have made The Oaks a wonderful escape and we will
definately be returning. If you are ever in the Christiansburg area, stop in and see for yourself and experience The Oaks !

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple