Review Highlights
Beautiful and interesting place to visit

Didn't get to see a herd or a band of ponies, but we did see a few here and there. Definitely... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Mike G
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Fun, easy biking

Very easy to rent beach cruiser and ride over the bridge and around the island. Bring a lock so... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
ALR798

All reviews wild horses ocean city state park visitor center national seashore ocean side roam freely week pass bring bug spray senior pass biting flies barrier island entrance fee ranger station natural beauty beautiful beach off road
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Not having done our proper research this was an awesome surprise. The visitor center was informative and the ranger told us where the ponies had been spotted a few hours earlier. We saw about 7 of the ponies which was a huge hit with the 11 year old. The beach is fabulous. Great dunes. We did a few hikes. Incredible place. I would love to go back in warmer weather.

2  Thank LV2travelmore
Reviewed 3 April 2018

This is my 2nd time here and love this place. However, no shade and can be very buggy. Something was biting me all night this time around not sure what it was. I sprayed and helped a bit. There is absolutely no shade and water was freezing. Ponies as well can be a pain and they will get in cooler if not secure. The ponies got into cooler next to me so either put in car or secure it.

2  Thank Thomas_M_13742
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Assateague Island National Seashore is a perfect get away to see the ocean and the ponies that live on the island. It gets crowded very quickly.

1  Thank Tiffany E
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Make your first stop the visitors’ center. It’s interesting and the staff is courteous and friendly. But it’s the horses that take your breath away! Drive slowly and look. They appear suddenly.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

One of the best experiences I’ve ever had! You have to check this out! I suggest paying the $20 to go further on the island. There are so many little trails to see these beautiful creatures!

1  Thank g522