We stayed at the refuge inn on our way home from north Carolina. This was our third visit to chincoteague. We loved our room,207, a king room on the second floor facing the ponies. From our balcony we could see the lighthouse flashing at night. Our room was clean, the staff was amazing, and the bed more comfortable than our own. We loved the easy access to the refuge and to our favorite chincoteague restaurant, the seashell cafe, across the street.
The only thing missing was a little personal sized microwave to heat up coffee or make some popcorn. We would also like to suggest that the tv's be hung on the wall to allow more space on the dresser. Flat areas to lay things down were scant. Other than those minor things, everything was perfect. Loved the home made waffles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceed your expectations in this family owned inn where no detail is overlooked. The Refuge Inn is located within walking distance of the wildlife refuge and minutes from our beautiful undeveloped beach. Amenities include Continental Breakfast, Wireless Internet, Indoor/Outdoor Heated Pool, Hot Tub, Fitness Room, Bicycle & Beach Gear Rentals, Conference Room and Gift Shop. A Treasure of a place, Family Owned and Proudly Operated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au and TripOnline SA so you can book your Refuge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Refuge Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Refuge Chincoteague Island