“Great Rental Spot”

Chincoteague Island Outfitters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We offer Beach and Vacation Equipment rentals. Beach chairs,Umbrellas,Surfboards,Beach Carts,Body Boards,Kayaks,Stand up Paddle Boards,Bicycles,as well as Gas and Charcoal Grills,Fishing,Clamming,and Crabbing Supplies,Backyard Games and more. We offer daily or weekly rental rates, and the best customer service you will find on the Island. Stop by and see what we have to offer!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

My first comment is that they don't stick to Island time! I stopped at two other paddle board rental spots around 9:30 AM, both were closed, both were supposed to be open at 9 AM. The Outfitters were open and I was advised they are typically open by 8 AM.

They rent paddle boards (that I was looking for) as well as kayaks. They also have fishing and an assortment of beach gear. Seemed like practically everything you could need that you forgot or wanted to try.

They staff was friendly and courteous. I will definitely go back to them the next time I need any equipment to rent! Glad I found them, highly recommended!

2  Thank R0BS411
Tammy R, Owner at Chincoteague Island Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. So glad we could help you and your family enjoy your vacation. That's why we are here!
Thanks,

in 3 reviews
"island"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 23 September 2016

Martin and Tammy were great and really made my husband's first Chincoteague kayaking expedition a fantastic experience. These folks have everything you could need for a vacation... and they deliver to boot. Though I'm local, it was great to know that they rent strollers, high chairs, beach coolers, beach wagons, big steamer pots, cornhole boards, etc that we might need when we have company coming from out of town.

I've referred a few of my own customers to CI Outfitters, and they've all come back happy. What more can you ask for?

2  Thank Cynthia W
Reviewed 13 September 2016

I'd been looking for an opportunity to get away by myself for a while and decided a nice, solo kayak trip around Chincoteague was just what I was looking for. After asking around, I kept getting the same advice from Chincoteague locals to go to Island Outfitters, so I gave them a call.

The next day, I stopped by in the morning and was treated to excellent service, a friendly smile and all at the best prices around. They met me at Don Leonard Park and helped me into the water. I had a great time kayaking (been back twice since) and was always met with a smile and going the extra mile.

Since then, I always recommend them for any rental needs, and no one I know has had a bad time. A great locally-owned business!

2  Thank Justin W