Residence Inn Richmond Chester
Comfort Inn(Chester)
USD 91*
USD 89*
Priceline
All reviewsfire pitstainless steel appliancesfull kitchenmain roadcorner roomfront desk stafffree breakfasta king size bedgreat place to stayhotel staffnight staynice hotelwaffle makergreat roomhot tubgreat stopdefinitely stay here again
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Spent one night and will never spend another. Hard to find because it's not on a main road and google maps has them in a different location. Desk staff totally disorgainzed - they went through multiple rooms before they decided which one to actually give us. No idea how long we stood at the desk while they tried to figure it out. The room was not clean - it literally had a used bar of soap and half bottle of shampoo in the shower when we checked in. They are under renovations and picked a carpet for the halls that make it very difficult to roll a suitcase to your room. It's a hotel for pete's sake. How do they think people are getting their luggage to the room? The only reason I didn't rate it worse is because the bed was comfortable. Bottom line - pick someplace else.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
chester800, General Manager at Residence Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2017

Dear Cathe M,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay at the Residence Inn Richmond Chester.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel teams to ensure that these were isolated issues that are corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Chester.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

I was very pleased with this hotel. We stayed here for 3 nights and it was in the process of renovation but it didn't at all interfere with our stay. This hotel is very well kept and very clean. The room was done over very nicely and had a fireplace. The kitchen area was nice to have. It had everything you could need. The staff was so helpful. They were ready to help with anything we needed. We had a complimentary breakfast every morning that was very good. Free parking included as well. I will definitely stay here again when I'm in the area.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

We checked in at 9:30pm for our 4 day stay and booked a suite with a fireplace, as we are spending Christmas here to visit family. During the booking process, we requested a quiet room. When we arrived, we were told that the only available room with a fireplace was on the first floor...so our quiet room on an upper floor was not honored.
The suite has very worn and stained living room furniture. The bathroom needs a serious deep cleaning, as there is mold in the corners and evidence of previous guests. There is also a large gap where the bathroom door "closes". The refrigerator is dented and the floors aren't clean.
Of course, the noise from the stairs and adjacent parking lot is enough to keep anyone awake-but the noisy neighbors above us made it particularly bad.
I will say that the bed is comfortable and the location is nice. Breakfast was fine and the workers seem pleasant. Sorry this wasn't a better experience...as I've usually been very pleased with Residence Inn's.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
chester800, Manager at Residence Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2016

Dear KirstyWA;

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in regards to your recent stay at the Residence Inn Chester.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the room not being properly clean and noise caused by other guests. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a business trip and to relax a little. This place is away from the city but not far from stores and restaurants. Enjoyed breakfast with smiling and helpful staff around. I would have given a 5 star, but I wish they clean their rooms better. The room I stayed then had leftover garbage from past guests. Had it cleaned one time and I still saw it there.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2016

This is a great place to stay. I am a Marriott member and travel the country staying at various properties. This particular one seems to be managed by people who wish for the stay of their visitors to be pleasant. During my time there the property was clean and orderly, and the room was very accommodating for comfort and space. The managers were friendly, helpful, and efficient during our interaction. I don't always write reviews however felt it necessary for this location to receive a positive one because of the good experience I encountered. When I am back in that are I plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business