USD 101
USD 131
USD 168
USD 113
USD 101
All reviewsmexican restaurantwafflesbreakfast roomfront deskcheerful attitudeeach guestchoice hotelsbar and grillparking lotdecent staysausagerecent staystaff was friendly and helpfulhot breakfastan overnight stayjames rivertoilet paper
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Through my travels, I have come to regard Comfort Inn as "cut above." It is, I believe, the flagship hotel of Choice Hotels, Inc. This one however, failed, and failed miserably to live up to that reputation.

Nowhere in the booking process was I warned that the hotel was undergoing renovations. This meant that when I got there, services that I was depending upon (such a s laundry) were not available. As with all renovations, there is also a fair amount of noise, detours, eyesores, etc. Not a relaxing experience and one that I should have been warned about.

The staff, while polite and friendly is poor trained. No one seems to be in charge and nobody can seem to do anything about rectifying some glaring deficiencies.

It is a minimal expectation that when staying in just about any hotel (let alone Comfort Inn) that one's room will be made up during the day, toiletries will be restocked, the bed will be made, etc. I stayed there four nights and on two occasions, I came back in the evening to a room that had not been touched during the day while I was out. I complained about it and the desk clerk told me that there was nothing she could do. When It happened a second time, I complained to another desk clerk who told me that "they get that complaint all the time." In a word, it is unacceptable that such a basic service not be provided. It is appalling to think that they get this complaint "all the time" and nothing gets done about it.

Needless to say, I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Call first to see if renovations are complete. If you are here on a weekend, try to get a room away from the elevator. (Lots of partiers.)
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2017

During our one night stay we had a mixed experience. The check in and out process was fast and efficient, and the clerk was as friendly as can be. And, we did find our room to be satisfactory; clean and recently renovated. However, the ongoing renovations were a bother. The room directly across the hall from ours, as well as others on the third floor, were in the midst of renovation. The breakfast area was in a make shift space. We so dislike being surprised to learn about renovations when checking in instead of earlier when we can factor that information into our decision about where to stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Poor hotel. Horrible breakfast ( powdered egg, partly reheated frozen potatoes and stale breads), in a makeshift "breakfast room" ( AKA repurposed guest room with only a couple tiny tables, poor climate control and no tv for news). had to go to still another place to get an instant coffee in tiny cheap paper cups that did not even have fitting lids.

Girl at desk direly lacking knowledge or customer care. Booked King room in advance- given dbl bed. Only L5 remodeled- L2 and L4 in progress-- as we kept hearing from L3 all morning after a late night. Housekeeping knocked on door at 9 am asking if we needed housekeeeping. when told not now as we were not up yet (sign on door) she said "good". really?

outside is a trash heap with overflowing trash cans as well as multiple open dumpsters and trash heaps next to the tiny pool.

Highly overpriced even at discounted rate on Priceline Express. I have oft booked 3.5 star hotels for the price of this 2 star pseudo dump. i would gladly go elsewhere if my schedule allowed.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We got an awesome Express Deal for this hotel. We stayed 4 comfortable nights and enjoyed their plentiful hot breakfast (rotation of sausage & bacon as well as daily scrambled eggs & waffles) each morning. The wifi & AC worked perfectly throughout our stay. The bathroom was small but still manageable for our family of 2 adults & 2 tweens. There were some signs of the on-going renovation - some mud prints in the elevator, breakfast moved to 2 improved guestrooms and the occasional drilling during the day. However, none of these were deal-breakers for us. I highly recommend this hotel for bargain hunters. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 5th floor seems to be already renovated so ask for those rooms
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Everyone was nice. Room was comfortable and breakfast was up to par. However, the hotel felt outdated. The hallway had stains on the rugs and the wallpaper and bathroom also looked old. The place otherwise was clean but I am comparing this place to the comfort inn brand. I felt like it was more of a hampton inn. I expected a bit more.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family