USD 101
USD 112
Hyatt.com
USD 157
USD 127
All reviewsfront deskcracker barrelroom was cleanparking lotwafflesoff the highwaymarriott pointsconvenient locationgas stationvery nice hoteleasy accesscomplimentary breakfastwould stay againstaying at this hotelfitness centerthe breakfast arealong drive
Reviewed 21 November 2016

We stayed at this Fairfield for 2 nights while visiting family in the Richmond area.
The staff was most accommodating and friendly.
The breakfast variety was really good.
Our only problem was with our air conditioner and the staff had it repaired in short order.
Definitely would stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel is set back off of route 10 so I don't think any room would hace a "noise" problem.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce B
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

many thanks for your feedback - we appreciate that we were able to fix the a/c problem quickly - we look forward to welcoming you back again

Reviewed 20 November 2016

This was the first and will be the last time i stay at this hotel. I booked my room for 2 nights checked in on a saturday checked out monday morning the room was very clean and nice no problem until i got ready for bed. At around 11:30pm i was laying in the bed i started to feel a tingling sensation on my neck i itched my neck and felt the bump i knew something bit me and literally 5 seconds later another bite appeared on my arm and back. As soon as i got up to see what it was a bed bug was crawling down my pillow i hopped up quickly my friend took a picture of it before killing it. We then proceeded to check the bed we pulled the sheet back and found another bed bug which was also alive and crawling we took another picture and then killed it we pulled the sheets off the matress to inspect the bed more and we found a dead bed bug in the seam of the matress. The front desk staff that night was very appologetic and switched us rooms which we inspected before accepting the room. The staff did inform me that the manager will be there monday morning before we check out. First thing monday morning before checking out i expected to recieve a follow up or compensation of some sort from the manager which didnt happen in fact he didnt speak to me didnt attempt to apologize about the issue seemed he was more trying to hide from the matter. Before checking out the front desk staff asked if i wanted to speak with the manager but i was so upset i felt that shouldnt have been a question the manager should have approached me or called the room phone Which never happened so i never spoke with the manager and again it seemed he was hiding from the situation. The staff was friendly and helpful but we are more disappointed in management for not being professional about the situation.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank britanynicole90
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Dear britanynicole90

I sincerely apologize for the problems that you encountered during your recent stay - it is a rare instance that we have problems of this kind at the hotel - I apologize that I was not able to contact you before you left - but have refunded your entire stay due to the problem - once again please accept my apologies

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

Very efficient agent. He was by himself to check in a kids baseball team and parents plus other leisure guests. He handled it very well. His smile was was contagious. I watched every person he checked in returned the smile and walked away very happy. My suggestion will be to have a another agent to check in groups to avoid impatient guests. Sitting area is beautiful and comfortable chairs.
The room was clean and spacious. They were sold out of two beds(because of baseball group) so i brought a portable mattress which worked out well.
The kids loved the pool. The housekeepers were very nice, they also infected us with their warm smiles. Nearby breakfast spot is a plus. My family and i enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Socabell
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

Many thanks for your feedback and suggestions - we appreciate knowing where we have succeeded and where we can improve - I am glad that you enjoyed your stay - please come again

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

We checked In at 1am and the night clerk Mark was very welcoming and helpful. We were in room 119 and my traveling companion is in a motorized wheelchair and she was very pleased with our room. Warning the hall bathrooms are marked handicap accessible but the toilets are standard height, not the 19 inch height that was in the room.
For a hiway hotel it was exceptionally quiet.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Many thanks for your feedback - I'm so glad that Mark was able to take care of you and our facilities met your needs

Reviewed 1 November 2016

My family recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn for the night and were very very pleased. Because of scheduling, we would be in town hours before posted check-in, so we called ahead and requested early check-in. The lady who answered politely explained that she would put in our request but can't guarantee. Totally understandable. I used the mobile app to "check-in" when it became available and requested all foam pillows as a special request. (plus highest floor available, if possible)

Words can not describe how appreciative my road travelers were to walk up to check-in, be told, "Your room is all ready... here's the key," and walk into a top floor, spacious, comfortable, and clean room right away. My husband was also impressed to then have a knock on the door to swap out the down pillows for foam. Much better night sleep!

Wifi was quick and easy to access.

I must admit, Fairfield Inn's were never on my radar as "preferred hotels" while traveling but after a great experience in the Poconos and now here in Richmond/Chester, it is my top pick while traveling with family.

Keep up the good work! Thanks!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Andrew M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Thanks for letting us know that we met and exceeded your expectations for your stay - we do our best each and every day to take care of each and every customer.