“Change from Hampton to Fairfield”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chesapeake
Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Easy check in. Nice hotel and front desk was friendly. Room was clean and the beds are comfortable. Shower was hot. $40 cheaper per night then the Hampton. Plenty of restaurants near by.Very nice atmosphere.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Tracey S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel.
We hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and this was a great experiences for you.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Good clean rooms, good staff, good breakfast! Could use a much bigger pool with more privacy. Very close to the highway and a strip mall, movie theatre,dining. Twenty five minutes to Virginia Beach broadwalk. The morning breakfast staff were on top of things, and so where the housekeeping staff. Ruby Tuesday's, a local BBQ bar , and some other familiar name restaurant s.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank kapitan95
Tracey S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel.
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have shared your review with my entire staff. We are happy
to hear this was a great experiences for you.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the
near future.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Great access to interstate, a mall and plenty of restaurants. The property and rooms were clean and updated. The beds seemed a little hard and the shower head had lower pressure than I would have desired. Our room was overlooking the pool which can be noisy. The breakfast was ample and varied. The staff was very friendly.

Stayed: June 2017

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites for your lodging needs.
I have shared your review with our entire staff.
We take great satisfaction in knowing that your needs were met
and that this was a great experience for you.
We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Stayed for a couple weeks working. We, I roomed with a friend so we didn't want housekeeping in every day so we had them clean every other day.
The days that we had them in the did make the bed, but often did not replace linen which in some cases was OK but some days it just plain needed it as it was dirty! They did replace the towels in the bathroom but NEVER swept the bathroom of hair and other dirt, I don't think ever happened. Sometime the tub was cleaned but hair was usually left behind. Room was NEVER vacuumed and was NEVER wiped down of dust. By the time we left I could write in the dust.
Front desk staff was polite and cheerful, breakfast in the morning was basic.
Weekend stays are seriously questionable as there seemed to be a lot of police presence. Didn't surprise us considering the people that were walking around the hotel on the weekend.
Oh yeah, we arrange transpo to the airport a couple days prior to leaving. A group of us had to leave early so I believe that they were notified no less than 5-6 times on the time. They were late, not even sure the driver showed up at all but I think one of the managers was called in to take us. Fortunately most of us had plenty of time to make our flights. Not very reliable.
Lots of choices out there and much better

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Tracey S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites for your lodging needs and sharing your comments.
Please except my sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced
during your recent stay with us.
I want to assure you that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken very
seriously. Your feedback leads us in a direction to know what we are doing right and where we are lacking.
Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Very clean but a little tired. The breakfast was not the best I have had. It was ok. I will stay here again next time I am in the area. Now to the folks who work there. Y'all are awesome. You made me feel very welcome and helped me find great dinner spots. Yea for y'all.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Tracey S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites for your lodging needs. Please except my sincere apology that our breakfast was not the best.
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit.
We take our guest feedback seriously. They tell us what we are doing right and what
we are doing wrong and how we can improve.
We would love to welcome you back to our property in the near future as we continually make improvements to better serve our guests needs.