“Positively Delicious!”

Al Carbon Chicken
Ranked #14 of 568 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Mexican, Peruvian
Reviewed 17 March 2017

I've not had chicken cooked this perfectly in a very long time. I also had their tacos al pastor, chori-pollo and chorizo. I tried my fiancé's Cemita with chicken and ham. To finish things off, we had the Bavarian Cream Churros which were heavenly. I cannot say enough about the quality of the food, the preparation, or the kindness of the staff. OUTSTANDING!

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

We read the reviews and were quite excited to find this place. We had the chicken, the green rice, the beans and the fried Jalapeños. The chicken was everything previous reviews described...rotisserie cooked over charcoal with the Peruvian spices. It fell apart in my mouth and its smoky bouquet was my favorite part of the meal. I'm so sad I live in Maryland and won't be back.

What an amazing dinner though! The food was a delicious and honest representation of the best of Peru and other Hispanic countries. Our dinner was like a carnival for our mouths!!

I ever so innocently 'accidentally' discovered the meaning of "biting off more than I could chew" when I bit way into my fried Jalapeño! My life was on fire for a full 2 1/2 minutes, but thankfully have since made a full recovery!

I tried churros last year in Madrid, mmm. I thought I'd never have them again, but to my delight, these churros were even better than the ones I had in Madrid.

Kudos to the Al Carbon Chicken family for giving us such a delightful excursion to Peru via our delicious dinner! Thank you very much!

Reviewed 2 March 2017

My husband is mad about this chicken. So moist! We're from out of town, but stop here (and Bodo's) whenever we can. The $20.00 whole chicken with 3 very generous sides and 4 salsas is a great deal. We usually get two meals out of it. Our favorite sides include the plantains and the green rice, as well as the Mexican sweet corn. It's also nice to be able to get a beer while we wait for our order.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Hidden gem, they have various meats but for your first time I highly recommend getting the chicken, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Great authentic Mexican food. Fresh ingredients prepared well. If you enjoy authentic Mexican this is a must visit!