All reviews movie theater great location shopping area trader joes sitting area free breakfast within walking distance restaurants and shops modern hotel room was spacious front desk staff plenty of parking would definitely stay here again great place to stay business trip nice breakfast indoor pool
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Carrie J, Manager at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Staff could not have been nicer to my family in time of hospital stay for my dad. From front desk, food service, facilities, all very helpful and caring. Room was well appointed, peaceful, and spotless!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Carrie J, Manager at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thank you H7948HFlarryD for taking the time to review the Hyatt Place Charlottesville. I will be more than happy to pass along your comments to the staff as they strive to make every guests' stay enjoyable. We appreciate all of your positive feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

This place could really be great. The Hyatt Place chain is very consistent overall with comfortable rooms and great set ups for the business traveler. The free breakfast is very reasonable - better than most with some variation day to day. They also have grab and go food through the day in a pinch. The gym is small but serviceable. So why not perfect? We checked in after 10 pm and the staff were not very nice to us. We had a bit of a rough check in process and one of the clerks actually scolded me. My advance check in on their app was meaningless as was my status in their frequent stay program. I’d still return but try to arrive earlier :-(.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello Goska,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hyatt Place Charlottesville. I sincerely apologize for the service you received at check in. I would like to follow up with you, if you have a moment, to make sure we are properly addressing the issue. My contact information is provided below if you have the time. We appreciate all of your feedback and hope you will give us a chance to make any future stays spectacular.

Carrie Jones
Sales Manager
T +1 434 995 5200 ext. 5105
E carrie.jones@hyatt.com

Reviewed 9 December 2017

We stayed in this hotel with a large family group. The staff was very nice and welcoming. The rooms were very clean and updated. Bed is very comfortable. Location is easy to get to UVA and surrounding attractions. I would recommend this hotel and stay here again when I'm in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you jghodge911 for the great review of the Hyatt Place Charlottesville. We appreciate all of your kind words, as well as the recommendation, and look forward to your next trip into town.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Very clean with lots of shopping and nearby restaurants. Downtown Charlottesville offered more of a night life however, ubers and cabs was within 3-5 mins away everytime. I enjoyed my stay overall, and plan on revisiting.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Carrie J, Manager at Hyatt Place Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Thank you Ayana W for the great review. Though the downtown area does have more of a nightlife environment, the Shops at Stonefield are great for any guests looking to go out to eat, shop, or even watch a movie. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit at the Hyatt Place Charlottesville.