“Superb food”
Review of Red Hub Food Co.

Red Hub Food Co.
Ranked #174 of 624 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Price range: USD 7 - USD 14
Cuisines: Barbecue, Diner
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: Red Hub Food Co. has a 10 seat lunch counter, located on 10th Street (a block off Main Street) near the University of Virginia. We specialize is catering, be it a luncheon for 10 or a dinner for 500. Our menu features hand-crafted traditional fare and features: Smoked Pulled Pork, Beef Brisket, Fried Chicken, Chicken Fingers, Roasted Chicken, Smoked Wings, Ham Biscuits, Sandwiches, Macaroni and Cheese, Baked Beans, Hush Puppies, Cole Slaw, Green Beans with Country Ham, Pecan Pie Brownies, Apple Turnovers and of course Sweet Tea
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

This company catered an event I attended. They served breakfast and lunch and it was savory. For breakfast I had the strata and fresh fruit. This fresh fruit WAS FRESH AND SO DELICIOUS. For lunch I had chicken bbq, vegan bbq with apple avocado slaw, Mac and cheese, vegetarian baked bean, homemade chips, Coleslaw and it was all fabulous. I wanted seconds! For dessert I had a decadent fudgey brownie and a ginger snap cookie. I can't wait to go.to their restaurant and eat there.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

On our way to Nashville Tn on the motorcycle we stopped at many places for lunch and dinner. We tried fried chicken at several. None came close to the Red Hub. And I mean none.
When we arrived and ordered the said "it will be 15 mins wait because we cook it to order". I am so glad my mother wasn't there. This is "smack your mother" great.
We also had a great brisket sandwich. Also VERY good and over stuffed with meat.
Service was over the top. I live about 3 hrs away and I will go there for the great food.
If rated below 4 stars these people can not know good southern cooking.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Today I had their pulled pork sandwich, chips, hushpuppies, and cheesy grits. I LOVED the meat, with or without sauce. Great smoky flavor, moist, and tender. Yum! I would have preferred the chips with little to no seasoning, they were homemade and fried perfectly. The hush puppies were just right. Lastly, I didn't like the cheesy grits. The cheese formed strings, like pizza. Again, I'm a bit of a purist. Less is more. Next time, I'll get the collards. Can't wait!

Reviewed 19 July 2017

For a small hole-in-the-wall eatery with great food, this is the place to go. Excellent BBQ, fried chicken, pretty much everything, all reasonably priced and served with a smile. The dining area is small and, well, you kind of have to be there to experience it, but it is fun and the food and friendly helpful staff are what you come for. Only problem is parking.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

In town on business and wanted good barbecue for lunch. Red Hub Food fit the bill! I had the pulled pork sandwich platter and thought it was the best $10 I have spent on lunch in awhile. Definitely a hole in the with some tricky parking, but it is where the locals eat. Fast friendly service on top of the yummy food.