“I cleaned my plate - DELICIOUS BBQ”
Review of Smoked BBQ Co.

Smoked BBQ Co.
Ranked #266 of 623 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

My friends and I visited Charlottesville for a bachelorette party last month and on the day of our wine tour, got it in our minds that we wanted BBQ. Our guide, Anna (Monticello Wine Tours, she/they are amazing) suggested Smoked and we were all super excited. Everything was AMAZING. I had the pulled pork with mac and cheese, French fries, and corn bread and I literally cleaned the plate. We literally couldn't stop saying how good it was all day. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

In the role of "Mother of the Bride", I flew north to help find dress and food. A golden hour wedding at a winery will now, also be YUMMY. Thank you Kelly and Ryan for a fantastic sampling.

The happy couple checked caterer off their list. Don't miss this place.

Reviewed 18 September 2015

Hands down best BBQ in this area (surrounding counties included) and a standard to judge other BBQ. We tried it all...the pork, chicken, beef, chicken salad, sausage and every last bite of it was excellent (perfect balance of meat + smokey grill). It is all about the meat, and you will receive a heaping portion for your money. That the rolls are grilled - bonus! Sauces (regular, spicy, blackberry, mustard) come in a separate container and all are worth a try. The sides complement the meat: beautifully chopped (not a fan of those stray over-fibrous chunks of cabbage) cool coleslaw with just a hint of carrot, indulgent (and cheesiest) mac&cheese, BBQ beans with a smooth smokey, meaty flavor...but...THE BEST side is the cheesy, smokey, bacon-laden grits. Ahhh, heaven :) Had to return for seconds. If you love BBQ you MUST try this cart (next to the Market St Parking Garage elevator that lets you out at mall level). If you don't love BBQ you will be won over! Be sure to arrive around noon and before 2pm. There will be a line, but rightly so!

Reviewed 8 May 2015

The food was good, but he didn't use gloves. I'd feel better if he had a sink or even just used a pair of disposable gloves.

1  Thank VeLisaraptor
Smokedbbqco, Owner at Smoked BBQ Co., responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2015

I am very sorry that your were not happy with your experience. We have made immediate corrections in regards to your concerns and hope that we may earn your business back in the future. If there is anything I can do to further remedy the situation please contact me directly at smokedbbqco@gmail.com. We strive to provide great food, great customers service and a positive environment. We are sorry that we were not able to do that for you, but we will strive to improve and do the best we can do everyday. Thank you once again, Justin

Reviewed 27 April 2015

The food is good, but sanitation is the problem. I have had his bbq many times, other people picked it up. Last week I went to pick it up. I understand it is cart food, but the owner and his helper don't use gloves, and they wipe their sweaty foreheads and then go back to making food. I actually took a video so my workmates would understand why I came back empty handed. Get a sink dude, or where some gloves and while your head with a towel. Yuck!

We are very sorry that you were disappointed in your visit. Your concern is very important to us and we have taken immediate steps to improve the situation. Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your concerns, so that we can try to become a better business in all capacities. If there is anything that we can do to earn your business back please contact me at smokedbbqco@gmail.com. Please know we are dedicated to trying to provide the highest quality food, customer service and dining experience. We hope we have the opportunity to see as a customer again in the future. Justin