“Great hideout”
Review of La Joya

La Joya
Ranked #250 of 567 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Great food, excellent service, quick, hot salsa. Lunch crowd not bad, can hold a conversation. Wonderful birthday meal.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Always eat dinner here when here on business. Great authentic Mexican food. Quick, courteous service. Fair pricing.

Reviewed 31 January 2017

I had had a long drive, was staying at motel one driveway down and had no desire to go far. This was a lucky find. It was a genuine no frills place run by Mexicans. It was $3.50 margarita night and I got stuck in (as I didn't have far to go to get to my bed). I had the pork molé. Sauce was Maybe a little on the sweet side but everything was clearly freshly prepared and the rice and beans were authentic. I had a Bohemia to wash it down. The single waiter was rushed off his feet but I didn't feel neglected. Good home cooked food ... what I wanted, what I got.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

What a tremendous find! We were seeking a lunch spot and after reading their menus decided to enjoy what was one of the best meals ever in Williamsburg. The food is classically French, and accompanied by a fine wine list. Please try them and celebrate a lovely meal, a visit makes any day or evening very special. The desserts are showstoppers!

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

We ordered shrimp tacos and vegetarian enchiladas. The tacos were ok, not great, but the enchiladas were terrible. Hardly any veggies in them and the veggies still had powdery taco seasoning on them, dry. The tortillas were not tasty and the cheese sauce drowning them tasted like it was from a can. The rice was flavorless and cold. Friendly waiter. Decor and atmosphere fine, average. Find a new chef.