“Great food and service at an affordable price”

Guadalajara Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #176 of 567 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 30 January 2017

This was our first visit to this restaurant (friends/co-workers suggested it to us), and we were not disappointed. The service was quick, very friendly and accommodating. I found my California Burrito VERY good - the spicy cheese sauce was delicious. Additionally, I've eaten a lot of refried beans over the years; I don't know what they put in these beans but they were very tasty - not just the same old thing. The prices were appropriate and even less than other Mexican restaurants of comparable or lower value.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

We've eaten here before, years ago. On our return visit today, I felt the place was looking like it needed attention. It seemed dirty outside, inside, I especially noticed the doors to the restroom and the exit were pretty grubby looking. The service was OK, but everyone gave the impression that they were just doing their job, not showing any sign of really liking it.
Food wise, average. We had our usual chori-pollo. It was served different to most other places, with veggies instead of refried beans. That might sound like a plus, but the veggies were quite tasteless. The pico de gallo was very good, and the salsa had a nice bite to it. All in all, a average Mexican place.

Reviewed 5 November 2016

Been here before, and I'll be here again!
Great Tex-Mex.
Had a nice draft Pacifico to start.
Then the nachos and spicy salsa.
Then the enchiladas with a taco and rice/beans.
Always good, inexpensive and filling.
Good service.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

After a long day touring Charlottesville, we were in the mood for a casual dinner near our Route 29 North hotel. Guadalajara was the perfect choice. The food and service were great, and it was very reasonably priced. Portions were generous. If we lived closer to Charlottesville, I would be a frequent visitor.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

Had lunch at this restaurant; food was excellent. It was tasty, ample amount and great price. Atmosphere was lovely; service was excellent. Just loved my visit; can't wait to go back.