“Fresh food, Mexican with a touch of California”
Review of Zazus

Zazus
Ranked #146 of 567 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Reviewed 13 October 2016

This informal restaurant, open since 1998, is a local favorite. Mexican flare with a touch of California. Many choices. Order in line, with food prepared as you watch. Serves breakfast, then open from 1000 am to 900 pm (verify those times). Soft drinks, tea, water. No beer/wine. No table service.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

I grew up eating at Zazus and it has consistently been fresh and tasty with ample portions and a lot of excellent options! I have only had the wraps here and they are all delicious. My last one was a Mediterranean wrap which I believe is my favorite. There is something about that Greek yogurt sauce...yum! I highly recommend checking it out for lunch or dinner! Quick, easy and fast!

Reviewed 10 September 2016

An employee of my client and I went out for lunch. Knowing I am not much for typical chains he had been taking me to hole-in-the-wall places. Although this one I would not consider a hole-in-the-wall, it was a pleasant surprise. I had one of the bowls. I don't eat wraps as I am spoiled on homemade Mexican tortillas. Everything was fresh and well prepared. Service was excellent and quick. If I lived or worked nearby I would make this one of my go-to places.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Zazus is a favorite for UVA students & locals. Lots of choices of fresh burritos & bowls - chicken, steak, veggie, & pork. Items are made to order including mild, medium, or hot salsa. The chips & homemade guacamola are a must before you add a sweet treat to take home for later. Small price for large portions that you can sit down & enjoy there or grab & go if you're in a hurry. You might have a hard time making a decision since everything sounds so good? Don't worry - it is!

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Fresh ingredients. Custom orders are made quickly and there are plenty of healthful options. Smoothies also available. Reasonable prices.