“Our fourth dinner here and even better”
Review of Mono Loco

Mono Loco
Ranked #132 of 568 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 October 2016

Friday night, 10/7/16, busy, hostess didn't advise sitting outside as more rain coming, able to fit us in (same table we've sat at inside before), small table but we didn't care. Quick service, including drinks and orders. This time the best chips, home made red and green salsa & guacamole all so good, for starters ever had (see picture) We've had their nachos and calamari for apps before (both delicious & generous portions) but this was so good and didn't want to end up to full. As usual great margarita (Agave) and local beer. Husband had his favorite Pollo Con Queso, I had the the Spicy Pork y Pina off their nightly special, so so so tasty, pork tender, combo of jalapenos, grilled pineapple, & home made sauce on corn tortillas, will have that again (in past I've always had their fish tacos). One of our favorite places to eat. We've taken my in-laws to eat there twice and they loved it. Also the cost vs serving size well worth 2 block walk, even in the rain (twice now). Will be back. Love the music they play. PS we've had dinner in the outside eating area and enjoy, appreciate the hostess steering us inside as the rain did pick up (has been raining all night and day, not from Hurricane Matthew, and not what all beach communities have faced and dealing with, including Outer Banks which will be impacted tonight through tomorrow).

Reviewed 17 September 2016

Did we have connections here? Not sure. All I know is that post wedding (around midnight?), a crew of us traipsed up the pedestrian mall from the Omni Hotel to drink here. We heard they were closed and were sad... but the groom went to talk to them. Suddenly, they were open and SO FREAKIN' ACCOMMODATING! Thank you, Mono Loco, for making sure our night closed with a bang (of tequila, of course!) We did not eat here, cannot rate the food, but it's a cute place with a big outdoor seating area. We had a great time and would come back to try the food!

Reviewed 30 August 2016

When my Daughter and her Husband lived here they always raved about Mono Loco and so when we were here visiting family my Sisters took us here and it was everything my daughter had told me and then some!! The food is all fresh, local and authentic!! Best Latin food I've had in many years! Service was outstanding, but the food would have made up for bad service! Get crazy with the Crazy Monkey!

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

My last visit was in the winter - everything was cramped and crowded.

Returned during the summer to find plenty of open outdoor seating. This helped set the tone for a wonderful dinner!

The braised chicken burrito (or bowl) is outstanding, but I recommend starting out with either the pork nachos or calamari (our favorite).

The drinks are strong and the OJ fresh squeezed!

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

I don't even know what to say. Five stars all the way. DONE. Food, atmosphere, drinks.... Trust me. Do not overlook this place. Eat here!