“Delicious food, great service!”
Review of Fleurie Restaurant

Fleurie Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fleurie Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This little jewel had wonderful food, a good wine selection and very hospitable service. The prix fixe menu was more than ample and we had three desserts for each of us delivered to the table!

Reviewed 1 March 2018

The first meal I had at Fleurie was mediocre. I did not have the heart to tell my girlfriend (now fiancée) because she had put so much planning into the evening. The following year she booked the same restaurant and I went despite my initial experience. Perhaps I was there on an off night for my first visit, because subsequently, I have been dramatically impressed. In December 2017, I submitted a request for some special attention to honor her birthday celebration. The experience was outstanding. We arrived early and the bartender allowed us to try some excellent wines (complimentary). Our dinner experience was even better. The tasting menu was outstanding. An additional complimentary dessert wine was provided as well. I was impressed and will gladly return for our annual trip!

1  Thank SCHWARTZY2
Reviewed 16 February 2018

My wife and I dined at Fleurie on 2/10/17. We live in MD, and we were in Charlottesville for the weekend. We have eaten at Downtown Grill, C&O, and Alley Light in the past, but I had read good reviews about Fleurie, and we wanted to try something new. While the $85 tasting menu may sound expensive, its actually not a bad price considering French cuisine.

The restaurant space itself is not very big, so the tables are a little tight. We were seated at a two-top right near the kitchen, which I wasn't thrilled with at first, but the kitchen wasn't overly noisy, so it didn't impact our experience. With that said, the food and service were amazing, and I can honestly say that it was some of the best food I've ever tasted!! I've dined at a couple esteemed French restaurants in Washington, DC, and Fleurie ranks right up there.

We decided ahead of time that we would likely do the five course tasting menu, and it did not disappoint. The foie gras mousse was one of the first courses, and it really stole the show. The other courses were equally good and included beef dish that was cooked perfectly. The dessert course consisted of a creme brulee and a few other treats, but we also opted for the chocolate souffle as an add-on.

Overall the meal provided a great experience. Five courses was the perfect amount...we were not completely stuffed, but we didn't leave hungry either. We will certainly try to get back to this place the next time we're in Cville.

1  Thank Jason T
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Our foursome had a great experience at Fleurie.
Melissa, our waitress, suggested wines for all our dishes.
My lobster and my freind's cod and all the other meals were finished up right down to the last scrap. My husband described his lobster bisque as exquisite. We did not have time for the tempting desserts, but Melissa gave us a to-go box with "petit fours" which we enjoyed during intermission at the theater. An added bunus was that the music was not too loud, and we could converse and hear each others' mmmm's of delight after each bite.

1  Thank BARBARA F
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

This is our second visit to Fleurie and we cannot sing it’s praises enough. Prepare for a steeper price if you want the full tasting menu experience with wine pairings - so save it for a special occasion. Additionally, the portions were 1/2 as large as we remembered from our visit back in May. But what remained true were the flavors that really sweep you into another dimension. Every item on the plate is so carefully chosen and prepared - you can taste every detail. Best food experience anywhere within the area and hands down could compete (and probably win) with the 5 star bigger city restaurants of its kind. A truly delightful experience from start to finish. As long as Fleurie keeps preparing exciting food like this, we will continue to be regulars!

1  Thank Brittany J