“Great weekend with the girls!”
other travellers have booked this property
I'm Debra. Welcome to The Recycled House. I'll greet you when you arrive and get you settled in.
A cozy fire will greet you during the cooler months. Front entrance
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
A cozy fire will greet you during the cooler months.
Front entrance
Super-premium queen sleeper sofa with soft linens and fluffy duvet is comfy!
Top of the line Bosch appliances, all the pots, pans and utensils you'll need.
The railing used to be a futon frame, and yes, those are croquet balls!
A giant lantern lights the way. That's a tree we cut down and used throughout the house.
The rest of the tree was used as a railing in the loft
The hallway floor is hickory, and that's 100 year old brick on the chimney.
Reading nook.
We made pendants out of vintage canning jars.
King-size bed in the master bedroom.
Master bath vanity
Look what you can do with remnant tile!
Indoor porch off the master bedroom
Off the indoor porch. there's an outdoor porch.
The plaque was carved by the local tombstone company out of leftover granite.
Exterior view from the yard
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Lauren C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great weekend with the girls!”
Reviewed 13 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

I recently came back to Charlottesville for UVA Homecomings with several of my girl friends and we rented the Recycled House for the weekend. We could not have asked for a more perfect place to stay! The house is absolutely gorgeous and the decorations are so unique. Plus, there was plenty of space between the bed, pullout couches, and sofas for all of us! The house is in a cute, safe area right off the Downtown Mall. We were almost bummed we had so many alumni activities, because we wanted to spend more time in the house! Debra was also extremely helpful, even meeting one guest at the house late at night when she had trouble getting in. The house was perfect for our weekend, and I can assure you we will be making it part of our new tradition! Thanks to Debra for everything.

Travelling group: Friends
Heatherda...
Wilmington
“Great house, great location!!”
Reviewed 19 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

I found the recycled house while planning our annual girls trip to Charlottesville. The location cannot be beat and the house is just amazing! There were 6 of us, we slept comfortably and felt right at home. We enjoyed the cozy fireplace and with the open concept of the house we always felt like we were getting the most of our time together. I would recommend the recycled house to anyone looking for a place to stay in Charlottesville.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
31Carmel1...
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“A delightful unique experience”
Reviewed 29 September 2014 for a stay in June 2014

My husband, son, daughter, and I stayed for three nights at the Recycle House this past June. Deb greeted us and gave a tour of her unique beautiful home, With my children being older, it was nice to have the separate liviing areas where they could veg and have some privacy. The house was clean and nicely decorated. Deb was a wonderful hostess, going out of her way to make us comfortable!

Travelling group: Extended Family
ihearthis...
eastern PA
“Special place, comfortable and close to downtown Charlottesville”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

We enjoyed our stay at the Recycled House this past week. Debra, the owner, made sure that we were well taken care of by first meeting us when we arrived and then letting us know she was available throughout our stay if we needed anything. The house had all the amenities you would need to be comfortable. Everything was clean and easy to find. My children loved the interior, like a tree house, with all the wood trim and the small reading nooks here and there. The house is within walking distance to the Downtown Mall which we visited whenever we were back at the house, a small market and most importantly not to far from Spudnuts! Kids love to walk places as compared to getting in a car, so we all enjoyed that. If we ever planned to come back to Charlottesville, we would definitely stay here again. I would also recommend it to my friends and family. Thank you, Debra, for such a wonderful stay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Too much to list - but our favorites - location to Downtown and beautiful cozy interior
Liked least: the wi-fi was intermittent
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Metuchen, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The absolute comfort of the home and its unique style.
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing