“The way American food used to be ...”
Review of Martin's Grill

Martin's Grill
Ranked #124 of 624 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Price range: USD 7 - USD 12
Description: Family friendly neighborhood establishment serving up the best burgers and sandwiches around. Make sure to check out our daily specials, many coming right out of our smoker. Great service and music doesn't hurt either!
Reviewed 19 July 2017

This is one of my go-to places when I want some real American food - food as it used to be before the fast-food era. I often visit when I have an overseas guest, just to let them experience real American food.

This is a busy cafe, which serves up burgers, subs and salads in many varieties, so there should be something to please everyone. On this visit, I had a Philly Cheese Steak sub which was truly amazing, loaded as it was with grilled onions and peppers. My guest had a double cheeseburger and we shared a basket of their amazing beer-battered onion rings.

Perhaps it wasn't the greatest day for my diet, but oh boy, the food is good. I'll be back soon!

Reviewed 6 June 2017

This is a great place to grab a burger or a sandwich. The fries are served crisp and hot and they also have tater tots (which I always find enjoyable when you see a restaurant serve them).

They have a decent selection of bottled beer but it would be nice to see them serve more local stuff especially since the Charlottesville beer scene is exploding.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

Based on the reviews for Charlottesville's best hamburger, we made the trek out to Martins's Grill. We were very happy we did. My wife is on a low carb diet and ordered a quad with cheese and mushrooms and no bun. The plate came with the four burgers semi stacked around the plate with lots of cheese and mushrooms. She loved it. I ordered the barbeque on pita bread. It was great. I wish I had ordered a side of slaw because it was very good too. Overall, a great meal and a nice place. I would recommend it.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

A great informal place to eat. I usually get a burger and fries but they have other items and specials. Good portions and good food. Simply, casual, fast and good!

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

The staff was friendly, the burgers were juicy and delicious! The good came out quick and hot. Freshly made!