“Over priced”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Restaurant is DARK, Dark walls, ceiling, floor, seats, its like a cave. Service was slow, the 2 apps we had were bland, Eggplant puree was tasteless, and we may have received 2TBS, there wasn't enough to go with the 6 pieces of flat bread. The flat bread was tough and hard to chew. The Scotch eggs was a hard boiled egg wrapped in breakfast sausage then coated in bread crumbs and fried, No Stout and jared whole grain mustard. Wife's squid ink pasta was pasty, bland, and had no sauce. Her shrimp was also bland, No seasoning My Shrimp grits was inedible. Over powered w/salt. Shrimp wasn't even blackened. Sent it back, was comp'd for my meal along with my second beer. Noticed a lot of burgers going out. Daughters Mac and Cheese was good but her salad had no dressing. Very poor execution by the kitchen. It was like they didn't know how to cook the menu.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We went to brunch and the service was quick and friendly. But when we got our food...what a disappointment. There wasn't any seasoning at all, everything was bland. I ordered the omelet special and what came out was a joke. It looked like they had just thrown beaten eggs into a pan until it made a rubbery yellow disc then threw some raw mushrooms and arugula and folded it in half. So no herbs or seasoning, just plain cooked egg with raw ingredients poking out. I would have sent it back but I didn't want to bother the nice waitstaff. I think I'll skip brunch there in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Can't say much for the food.... bland is the best I can say.

The atmosphere wasn't intimate... tables were crowded together.
Bathrooms were dirty... Not much that was memorable.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

We sat outside in the middle of the ‘mall’ and enjoyed our meal. Service was good, our meals & drinks were good, and prices were reasonable. No complaints!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Positively 4th is one of the best outdoor patios in all downtown C'ville. It's has umbrellas, wide space between patio and businesses on either side. Great wines and food selections. Very knowledgeable staff.