“Color me surprised”
Review of La Taza

La Taza
Ranked #182 of 568 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: La Taza is many things. A coffeehouse. A charming lunch spot. The perfect place for a tasty brunch in the city. A trendy outdoor hangout for drinks during the warm months. And a place for unique Latin-inspired cuisine at affordable prices in Charlottesville, VA. Our goal is to provide you, our customers, with a taste of Latin culture in a clean, casual, and inviting environment. 'La Taza' is spanish for 'the cup.' We are known for our coffee - which is Rainforest Alliance Certified and purchased directly from the farmer in Guatemala - as well as our authentic Latin hospitality and are dedicated to bringing you an amazing dining experience. Our atmosphere has been designed to create a paradise getaway - without actually having to get away! With a menu featuring flavors from Cuba, Costa Rica, Argentina, Jamaica, and more - you'll find something delicious that suits your tastes! We feature a full bar with unforgettable handmade drinks. Sip on something while you relax on our tiki-inspired patio or cozy up at one of our inside tables. If you want to learn more about us, come on over and stay awhile! We appreciate relaxing and invite you to relax with us today.
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

I have to say I'm overjoyed and so surprised to find this gem in Charlottesville,VA. My husband and I came in to town early to enjoy the wine country and take in some sights before a friend's wedding. A few minutes on TripAdvisor it became abundantly clear that Charlottesville was the premier wine area just outside DC. In looking for a place to gab a quick tasty bite we came upon La Taza which happened to be walking distance from where we were staying. Now coming from LA to the south I NEVER thought that not only could I find a place that had something this veggie loving non meat eating hippie,as I'm affectionately known, could eat but a place that had me in mind when creating the menu. When arriving I was warmly greeted by the charm and ambience which reminded me of many of the cafe's I frequented in Silver lake. I ordered the breakfast tacos with soy, yes soy sausage. I gobbled up every last bite which for me is rare when eating out. Now for my meat eating husband and friends they had plenty to choose from. My husband even stayed true to his Haitian roots and gave 2 thumbs up to the curried goat. I can not say enough good things about this establishment and would highly recommend it!!

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Pleasant spot with outdoor dining. Enjoyed a casual breakfast with nice selections and an endless cup of coffee. Waitress quick and friendly.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Good food and locale. Enjoyed the flavors. Will go back again for lunch or dinner sometime to try other menu items.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

I'd remembered having a nice lunch here long ago, so we decided to give it another try. We stopped by on a Sunday at midday. They were serving a brunch type menu, but also some lunch items. My husband had the cuban, and I had a jalapeno infused hamburger. The burger was marked as spicy--and it sure was, but in a good way. The outdoor seating was nice on a spring day. Service was a little hit and miss, and my husband was a bit disappointed that his sandwich came in a cardboard tray. The place seemed to have a good variety of vegetarian dishes. We thought the prices were very reasonable. I also liked seeing that it was dog friendly. Parking on nearby streets was easy enough.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Yummy latin and caribbean food in a cute area. Brunch and dinner are both good. I appreciate that they have good coffee in the morning. The food is really well done and fresh tasting. Atmosphere is bohemian but not pretentious.