“Best meal of our week long trip to Virginia”
Review of Aqui es Mexico

Aqui es Mexico
Ranked #242 of 567 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 August 2017

The food here is fantastic. My wife and I shared a combo plate with a chile relleno, shrimp enchilada, and chicken enchilada. Each had a different sauce, all delicious. Additionally I had an al pastor taco and tried some of the mole enchilada that my son had. As a Mexican food aficionado I was impressed with the whole meal and would frequent this place if I lived in Charlottesville.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Authentic Mexican food! My tamel satisfied my search for a great tasting tamel. Enchiladas covered with a thick, dark and tasty mole, and chimichungas filled with fresh made chorizo rounded out a super delicious meal!

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Our party of 6 were seated immediately and waited on immediately. Prices were quite reasonable and quantities of food were large. Those experienced in authentic Mexican food said it was some of the best. This is not "Americanized" Mexican food. The quest was delicious. The mole was spicy. The veggies were fresh and ripe! We were not rushed and enjoyed conversation as long as we liked. Great experience!

Reviewed 15 January 2017

House-made tortilla chips and salsa, great papusas, plantains. Although it has "Mexico" in the name (and serves good Mexican food), be sure to check out the Salvadoran food, too.

1  Thank PolitelyOpinionated
Reviewed 3 January 2017

Authentic Mexican fare and wonderful service. The tortilla chips were the best, and the selection was terrific.

1  Thank Cate M