“Nice atmosphere, delicious food and good service”
Review of The Bebedero

The Bebedero
Ranked #65 of 567 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Reviewed 28 June 2017

We had an early dinner in the cantina area with the windows open. It was lovely people/dog watching on the second floor. I can't say for sure but I don't think it's handicap accessible. The decor with the wood beams and brick was very nice. I really enjoyed the fresh flour chips in particular. The brisket tacos and nachos were a favorite. I really liked the style of service. They were attentive but not overbearing. Filling water without asking for example. For three meals, guac and two drinks it came to $63. It is on the opposite end of the downtown mall from the amphitheater. They do have a small patio area in the middle of the walk. We enjoyed it very much and will be back.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

I've know this establishment well for one year. Yes, the fish tacos are amazing, the guacamole that anyone should be able to make themselves but don't bother (it's better here) is actually really quite something, and the full bar has all the tequilas and mezcals you'd ever want--but always ask to hear specials. The burrito (lunch only), soup, fish, and cocktail specials change daily. That daily dinner fish, Pescado del dia, rocks my world in a good way. Don't know why, but the rice itself is different and quite good (I've always considered rice a nuisance, not here). The best part however: the staff and owners (the owners work here, daily) are extremely well prepared to run a restaurant and that's not a back-handed compliment; The Bebedero is doing well because they know what they're doing.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

The sangria was amazing. We had the chorizo and the brisket tacos and the guacamole all were really good. folks working there were really nice and fun and loved the art work

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Went in for a quick bite during the afternoon and had great customer service from River and awesome tacos. The atmosphere is very cool and River makes some awesome drinks!!! The atmosphere is very cool and we will definitely return for the full menu next time!

Reviewed 9 May 2017

I was a guest at a volunteer appreciation dinner. There were 16 of us and service was a bit slow, but we were all talking, so not a problem. I had my annual Corona and some people had fancy drinks with orchids. The wine pours were generous.

Vegan and GF offerings available. I had nopalito tacos -- even with many times in Mexico I'd never had cactus -- and they were untidy to eat, but enjoyable. A friend next to me had fish tacos and said they were a little short on fish, but nice.

Desserts were praised, especially the flan.