We were taking a tour of the University of Virginia, and at the end of the day were looking for a nice hotel before getting up and heading home in the morning. We used the GPS to find the closest Holiday Inn. Unfortunately, the Holiday Inn-University directions took us to a park in town. So we plugged in Holiday Inn, Monticello, thinking it would be fun to do a driveby of Jefferson's home before heading out. The hotel was on the outskirts of town. We got one room with two double beds. It was very nice, as most Holiday Inns are. Flat screen TV, comfy beds, nice, roomy bathroom, wifi. We had a drink in the bar, which was empty except for us, and dinner in the restaurant, which was empty except for us. Could have been the season -- early January -- or the off-the-beaten-path location. But the servers and the front desk folks were very pleasant, so we enjoyed our brief stay.
Here's a tip. You can't "drive by" Monticello. Much like Disney World, you have to park in a lot and buy an expensive ticket and shuttle up to the house, even if you have no desire to go inside and look around. We didn't park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Monticello Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, we are 2 miles from the Historic Downtown Mall . We are the closest hotel to nearby attractions such as: Monticello; Ash Lawn-Highland; and Michie Tavern, and a convenient 3 miles from the University of Virginia and the UVa Hospital. Our hotel is just minutes away from the numerous arts and entertainment events held at the Paramount Theatre, Downtown Pavilion, Starr Hill Music Hall, Ash-Lawn Opera, and our newest venue, the John Paul Jones Arena also known as The Jack or JPJ . For visitors traveling on business we are close to State Farm Regional Office, GE-Fanuc, Hyosung, Lexis Nexis, SNL Securities, Klockner Pentaplast, UVA Medical Center, Martha Jefferson Hospital, , and Luck Stone Corp. This Charlottesville hotel features comfortably appointed rooms, free high-speed Internet, local phone calls, HBO, pay-per-view movies, irons & boards, hair dryers and coffee makers. The full service restaurant Charlotte s serves breakfast, dinner and room service daily. We have over 2200 square feet of versatile meeting and banquet space to host events for business meetings, weddings, reunions , and events . Let our experienced staff focus on the details to ensure that your event is a complete success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Evoline ltd, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Charlottesville-Monticello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Charlottesville-Monticello Hotel Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Holiday Inn