“Puny take out lunch for $17”

Thai Basil Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 183 Restaurants in Chantilly
Price range: USD 20 - USD 35
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Good on flavor, small on size. I paid $8 for a puny green papaya salad in a small plastic container, and $8 for one large scoop of rice and green curry chicken that only took up 75% of a one-pound size plastic container. I easily ate this all in one sitting...the flavors were on point but the size was not comparable to what other Thai places offer for the same price.

To get 4+ stars here the portion size must be larger and competitive with the plentiful Thai restaurants in NoVa. I would not go back purely due to this reason.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

This is a small restaurant with yummy food. Owners are attentive. Love the brown rice that is also offered. Food consistently good.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Always loved this place. Wish it were closer to my house. Been going here for a couple of decades. Has always felt like a family run restaurant.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

I love Thai food and have eaten at numerous Thai restaurants in the US. My wife and I discovered this restaurant when we moved here over 20 years ago. Immediately this became our “go to” Thai restaurant. The Khanom Jeeb and Chicken Sate are our favorite appetizers. We have never had an entree that was not very good. My favorites are Bun Ga, Crispy Duck, and Gai Peanut. Since I like my food spicy, I always select Laos hot. My wife’s favorite dishes are Pad Thai, and Pad See Ew, but we have tried many entrees and enjoyed them all. The owner and chef is a joy. We have always found the service to be pleasant.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We visited Thai Basil for the first time and were not impressed. The dining area is outdated and could use a good cleaning. When seated we were given menus that were tattered ans worn out. The service was average but the food was not. The Pad Thai had an overpowering taste of fish, this is the go to dish for my wife at all Thai restaurants. I had the Panang Curry that also had a funny taste. Neither one of us finished our meal. We will never try this place again. If you are looking for Thai food in Herndon try Tara Thai, it's much better.