“Vegetarian Vegan GF Heaven and Real Good Too”

Gillie's Vegetarian Cuisine
Ranked #5 of 139 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Price range: USD 5 - USD 15
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I rarely have trouble making a choice in a resturant, but in Gillies it took a while! We were there for dinner and decided to go light: salmon burger, house veggies burger, a glass if a nice Sicilian pinot grigo, and blackberry cobbler (lick the bowl clean goodness). Prices very reasonable. We walked from our hotel across the VTech campus, about 1 mile. Working off the cobbler!

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

This was my second visit to Gillies in a couple of years. We went for breakfast on a Friday morning in Early August. I debated between the regular French toast and the banana walnut French toast. I'm glad I chose the latter. The walnuts are glazed deliciousness. I chose the honey wheat bread versus the baguette. The portion was huge, and very tasty. Topped with whipped cream and maple syrup.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend Gillies breakfast menu. I have never been a fan of big breakfasts but their grits with breakfast beans was a great way to get the day started. Large portions and good coffee, can't speak for the lunch menu.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Simple, friendly, home place with great tasting vegetarian menu. The food is so good, you won't miss the meat. Breakfasts are awesome. They have live music at times, but not too loud to enjoy your meal. Family owned, a cornerstone of the community and a favorite place for students and families.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

We went for breakfast while school was not in session. We waited ten minutes with no menu, coffee, etc. I asked the host if we could get some service, and he said we would have to bide our time. After a while, we left and went to Joe's Diner, where we had great service and a good breakfast. I have gone to Gillies for years, but lately the service has been poor; and the premises seem dirty. Going to Joe's from now on.