“Consistently Great.”

Windsor Station Restaurant & Barroom
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Windsor
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A magnificent 1900 train station that welcomed the likes of President Roosevelt, Maxfield Parish, JD Salinger, Maxwell Perkins and many more prominent historical figures. Now it's the place to be in the Upper Valley of Vermont and New Hampshire. The menu has everything you are looking for, steak, pastas, seafood, and burgers. The Barroom hosts 10 taps constantly rotating the greatest beers you can drink in Vermont. Professionally prepared craft cocktails featuring local Vermont spirits. Live music 4 nights a week have entertained us with talented musicians from all over the world. We hope to meet you soon. Cheers!
Reviewed 18 September 2018

I've eaten here a number of times over the past several years, and this happens to be where I first met my girlfriend. The food is consistently great; portions are filling, the ambiance is wonderful, and the service is very good. I love the tiramisu. Reservations are often unnecessary in Vermont, but I would suggest reservations here. I've arrived mid-week on a couple of occasions and had to wait for a table or eat at the bar. My only nitpick is that they could be a little more generous in the amount of bread that they bring-out. This is one of my favorite restaurants in southern Vermont.

2  Thank Greg0ry

Reviewed 7 August 2018

This is an “off-the-beaten-path” place in a town that itself feels a bit “off the grid,” at least to someone new to the area. Vermont feels much more like it is held together by a network of little towns than where I live (with some large cities surrounded by smaller bedroom communities). It sits right beside the railroad track used by passenger trains that come up from much further south in the U.S. Plenty of parking. We sat at the bar and had some drinks and a meal. The drinks were pretty good, although they seemed a bit pricey for us. They have a nice selection of beers on tap. My table shared a few items:
1) Mussels appetizer, which was pretty good
2) Fried mozzarella appetizer, which was good
3) Station Master salad, which was quite nice
4) Chicken Saltimbocca, which we enjoyed
Both the staff and clientele were very friendly.
We had a nice time. It was just a bit pricier than we would want for a place we visited regularly, but we would return.

1  Thank westernfb
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We were in town for the weekend, attending a wedding nearby. Windsor Station was recommended by our innkeeper and it was worth the trip! We had very tasty cocktails to start. The Lawn Tea combined two of my favorite tastes, strawberry and rhubarb. The bread and maple butter is addictive. Watch out! You won’t eat your meal.

The calamari featured a spicy marinara. I love spice and heat but it may be too much for some folks. It was great with roast banana peppers! The ravioli of the moment was a big hit and I could not finish 1/2 an order. The spaghetti and meatballs were good. No room for dessert but the table next to us had several desserts delivered and we were kicking ourselves for eating all of the bread!! A real find.

1  Thank patj0hn
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Had dinner here and the food was excellent! Fun to see the train at night come through right next to the station. Good live music playing too. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Had dinner here last night based on a recommendation from the owners of Fat Sheep Farm where we were staying. Great service and great food. The service was attentive AND perfectly paced, and we enjoyed all of our meals. Amazing prices for the quality of the food. Our group included one vegetarian who was very happy with the options available. We highly recommend this place!