My fiance and I took off from work on Valentine's Day and headed up to the inn the night before. Since we were coming from NYC it was a bit of a drive after working all day but we were anxious to arrive. Since we arrived after 9 pm the inkeeper was not there but he left a long note on the door explaining anything we needed. He also left his cell phone number for us to call him. We had so much fun we played games left in the foyer, and watched excellent movies (chosen from a book of new releases on DVD left in our room)! In the morning we had a delicious breakfast and headed to Mount Snow. The mountain is huge and very close, as is a very cute couple of towns. Since we are not avid skiiers we went down the slope once and had enough. We had dinner reservations back at the inn for 5pm. By 4pm we were pooped and just didn't feel like walking around any more. So even though we had already checked out went back to the inn earlier than our dinner reservation. They made us comfortable, lit a fire for us, got us some yummy drinks and we played a qucik game of scrabble until our table was ready. Once our table was ready We sat down to see the menu consisted of a 4 course meal, nothing to choose form they just brought out what was on the menu. Normally we are very picky eaters but after reviewing what was for dinner we were both very pleased. We would not have changed a thing. One course was even better than the next. There was even an option for wine pairing for each course. John (the innkeeper) was all dressed up and very invovled with his guests. He was serving wine and making small talk so you knew he was present and cared. After a bottle of wine, a delcious meal, and a dessert to die for we didn't want to leave. Don't worry we will be back in th esummer and we can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 1894 main house with an attached carriage house. Located on a knoll at the edge of the village.Main building has 4 rooms, a large suite,fireplaced living room,Lincoln library,pub,and fireplaced dining room that is also open to the public.Carriage house has 3 rooms and a suite.Guest rooms decorated individually -antiques,country furnishings,and a splash of the owner's travels.All rooms have private bath some with whirlpool tubs and gas fireplaces.Full breakfast is included in rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Wilmington Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wilmington Inn And Tavern
- The Wilmington Inn & Tavern Hotel Wilmington