We were very disappointed by the poor condition of our room and what we got for our $150 per night. You don't always get what you pay for, and this was one of those cases. My brother was so embarrassed that he was the one who chose these accommodations for us. The entire hotel is tired. It has carpets that are old and worn, poor quality beds, the walls and ceiling are so thin you can hear everything around you. The bathroom is in poor shape. The packets of soap are impossible to open and so I had to use my shampoo to wash up with. The free continental breakfast had very few choices. No fruit was offered, and the butter tasted like the refrigerator. I have to say that the owners are very sweet and I wonder if they know how overpriced their room rates are. They don't seem like the type that would intentionally rip people off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 3 miles from Mt. Snow, we have an indoor heated pool, sauna, gameroom, cctv in all rooms and wifi access in our BYOB Lounge area that also has a fireplace. We are a family run and operated and welcome other families here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Austrian Haus Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Austrian Haus Hotel Dover
- Austrian Haus Lodge Vermont/Dover