All reviews continental breakfast was simple mount snow convenient location no frills skiing rates
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I stayed here last year, with my two children. We LOVED it, and plan on going back. My daughter is 17, and my son is 16. This hotel in not the Ritz, but makes up for that in sooo many ways. It is SUPER close to the mountain! They have a main 'social area' where they hold a continental breakfast every a.m. We really liked hanging out there in the evening after a LONG EXAUSTING day of skiing. Wi FI available, which with two teen age kids, is GREAT! They have round the clock coffee which was nice. In the social area, they have big tables, and games available for both kids and adults, there is a fire place usually going, which after skiing all day, is nice to sit by with a glass of wine. The owners a SUPER nice, very acomodating. We will for sure try to go back soon!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2013

After reading some of the reviews on here I have to say If you're expecting the Ritz, then you don't realize where you are. However, if you're looking for a wonderful place with a relaxed-cozy-easy-going-feel then this is for you! The owner/inkeeper is the best and very friendly. Our room was perfect and had a comforting warm feel. The common areas were very nice and the fire place was great to cozy up to after a night of skiing with a glass of wine (or chocolate martinis!). Waking up to a hearty continental breakfast was a wonderful way to start the day and then to come back in the evening to a variety of hot beverages was just the cherry on top. I am without a doubt going to be visiting the Austrian Haus again!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 16 March 2013

The room was a bit tired and worn. The most bothtersome thing is that is was not very clean, especially the bathroom and tub. Owners seemed nice enough but the property is not.

All the places in Dover during ski season have similar inflated prices but Austrian Haus will really leave you feeling badly about what you paid for what you got.

Look elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ss_6
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Wish we had read reviews before booking. The lodge is in need of some help. The owners are very nice and it's obvious they are trying to make improvements...but for $139 a night...we expected more. The rooms are motel quality. Older bedspreads ... bathrooms clean but odd. We had to duck under a large overhang to get into our shower. Very hot water, but no pressure in shower. The walls are paper thin. You can clearly here conversation of people in next room. This is no exaggeration. Every cough, sneeze, flush of toilet, talking, tv etc....you hear it. Maybe they can spray foam some insulation in the future. We are mid to late 30s couple and perhaps this place is better suited for 20 somethings that only need a place to sleep after long day of skiing/snow boarding. We were hoping for a more romantic feel.... you won't get that here. They advertise a common area w/ fireplace and byob which sounds like an inviting atmosphere....but is a little dusty/dated as well..... Again no real ambiance there. They do have an indoor heated pool and sauna area, but we did not partake. The pool area looked clean....but not inviting. Again, when I think of lodge I think of cozy.... stone walls.... roaring fireplace.... so perhaps my expectations were too high. We have been to Mt Snow many times and stayed in motels for less that were on the same level as Austrian house..... so we just expected more when we "upgraded to a lodge". I wish the owners luck... again they were very nice and I hope they continue to upgrade as they can.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd (top) floor. Since you can hear everything going on in rooms next to you ...you don't want to hear noise from rooms above too.... or people running up and down stairs outside your room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Well, at least it was a place to stay a few miles from Mount Snow on a crowded weekend, but it was the worst room we've ever stayed in, overpriced at $89 (and the owner said that was reduced!). It was around back in an extension building, down stairs and below ground (The window looked out at dirt level). There was a strong musty smell on entering. It was very cold - the owner said he had put heat on, checked again, still none. We ended up with a space heater which worked. We cracked windows to get rid of awful smell. Furnishings were minimal, shabby, and dated: an uncomfortable double bed, chairs with polyurethane cushions, scarred maple chests, curtains that came off the rusty rods if moved, bathroom linoleum curling up, 2-prong outlets, no wi-fi, radio,or telephone. At least it was clean, quiet, breakfast was plentiful and the owners were nice! Probably other rooms are better, but not in that building. What we got was very difficult, especially considering the high "reduced" price.

Room Tip: Probably the rooms in the main building are better, but beware of the extension out back!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ergret
ahaus, Owner at Austrian Haus Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Let me say first they called in desperate for a room, I told them I have nothing left but a room that I rent last, that it is nothing fancy and is a room that is down by the gameroom. I asked them to look at the room , before taking it they took it. As for the heat, yes there was a problem that night the circulater that brings heat to that area stopped working, the plumbers couldn't come that late, so I gave them a space heater that blows hot area out like a fan. They also did not ask for extra blankets or anything. In the morning they said nothing to me about any problems or any issues till this review.