All expectations were met for me. We came up here (myself, mom & two daughters ages 5 & 7). Our room was very nice, clean & comfortable. Anything I could expect was there (folded, clean towels, working television with remote etc.). I've read that the owner is extremely friending & helpful - which I would definitely concur. They made sure we had everything needed. When we were going out in the afternoon (after we checked in) he asked if anybody wanted a cup of coffee. I told him that my mother would (they were all in the car waiting for me). So he took the time to throw on a cup of decaf just for her. There is a game room downstairs which had 3 different types of games + a full size pool table. In the common area there is a fireplace along with books, magazines and a plethora of board games. The indoor heated pool and sauna were great. Myself and daughters swam for a couple of hours before going back to the room. Upon awakening the next morning, my kids went for another swim while I was in the common area using the WIFI to type this review. The main parking lot for Mt Snow is 4 miles from the Austrian Haus, which is great.
I feel like there is a time & place to stay in something like the Westin or W hotels, but thats not what we were looking for on this trip. Anybody that left less than positive reviews probably had the wrong expectation or is used to places that are $200+ a night.
We couldn't have asked for anything better on this trip. Owner will go out of his way to accommodate you. But please make sure you speak up and say something. It doesn't help any when you are 50 miles down the road headed home and then leave a lousy review.
Our family definitely would come back to Alpine Haus. It was a rather quick 4 hr & 22 minute trip from our home down south.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 3 miles from Mt. Snow, we have an indoor heated pool, sauna, gameroom, cctv in all rooms and wifi access in our BYOB Lounge area that also has a fireplace. We are a family run and operated and welcome other families here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Austrian Haus Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Austrian Haus Hotel Dover
- Austrian Haus Lodge Vermont/Dover