“Perfect for our family”

Austrian Haus Lodge
and 1 more site!
Austrian Haus Lodge
Reviewed 22 September 2013

All expectations were met for me. We came up here (myself, mom & two daughters ages 5 & 7). Our room was very nice, clean & comfortable. Anything I could expect was there (folded, clean towels, working television with remote etc.). I've read that the owner is extremely friending & helpful - which I would definitely concur. They made sure we had everything needed. When we were going out in the afternoon (after we checked in) he asked if anybody wanted a cup of coffee. I told him that my mother would (they were all in the car waiting for me). So he took the time to throw on a cup of decaf just for her. There is a game room downstairs which had 3 different types of games + a full size pool table. In the common area there is a fireplace along with books, magazines and a plethora of board games. The indoor heated pool and sauna were great. Myself and daughters swam for a couple of hours before going back to the room. Upon awakening the next morning, my kids went for another swim while I was in the common area using the WIFI to type this review. The main parking lot for Mt Snow is 4 miles from the Austrian Haus, which is great.

I feel like there is a time & place to stay in something like the Westin or W hotels, but thats not what we were looking for on this trip. Anybody that left less than positive reviews probably had the wrong expectation or is used to places that are $200+ a night.

We couldn't have asked for anything better on this trip. Owner will go out of his way to accommodate you. But please make sure you speak up and say something. It doesn't help any when you are 50 miles down the road headed home and then leave a lousy review.

Our family definitely would come back to Alpine Haus. It was a rather quick 4 hr & 22 minute trip from our home down south.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room on the 300 level. There will be nobody above you.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I stayed here last year, with my two children. We LOVED it, and plan on going back. My daughter is 17, and my son is 16. This hotel in not the Ritz, but makes up for that in sooo many ways. It is SUPER close to the mountain! They have a main 'social area' where they hold a continental breakfast every a.m. We really liked hanging out there in the evening after a LONG EXAUSTING day of skiing. Wi FI available, which with two teen age kids, is GREAT! They have round the clock coffee which was nice. In the social area, they have big tables, and games available for both kids and adults, there is a fire place usually going, which after skiing all day, is nice to sit by with a glass of wine. The owners a SUPER nice, very acomodating. We will for sure try to go back soon!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2013

After reading some of the reviews on here I have to say If you're expecting the Ritz, then you don't realize where you are. However, if you're looking for a wonderful place with a relaxed-cozy-easy-going-feel then this is for you! The owner/inkeeper is the best and very friendly. Our room was perfect and had a comforting warm feel. The common areas were very nice and the fire place was great to cozy up to after a night of skiing with a glass of wine (or chocolate martinis!). Waking up to a hearty continental breakfast was a wonderful way to start the day and then to come back in the evening to a variety of hot beverages was just the cherry on top. I am without a doubt going to be visiting the Austrian Haus again!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 16 March 2013

The room was a bit tired and worn. The most bothtersome thing is that is was not very clean, especially the bathroom and tub. Owners seemed nice enough but the property is not.

All the places in Dover during ski season have similar inflated prices but Austrian Haus will really leave you feeling badly about what you paid for what you got.

Look elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ss_6
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Wish we had read reviews before booking. The lodge is in need of some help. The owners are very nice and it's obvious they are trying to make improvements...but for $139 a night...we expected more. The rooms are motel quality. Older bedspreads ... bathrooms clean but odd. We had to duck under a large overhang to get into our shower. Very hot water, but no pressure in shower. The walls are paper thin. You can clearly here conversation of people in next room. This is no exaggeration. Every cough, sneeze, flush of toilet, talking, tv etc....you hear it. Maybe they can spray foam some insulation in the future. We are mid to late 30s couple and perhaps this place is better suited for 20 somethings that only need a place to sleep after long day of skiing/snow boarding. We were hoping for a more romantic feel.... you won't get that here. They advertise a common area w/ fireplace and byob which sounds like an inviting atmosphere....but is a little dusty/dated as well..... Again no real ambiance there. They do have an indoor heated pool and sauna area, but we did not partake. The pool area looked clean....but not inviting. Again, when I think of lodge I think of cozy.... stone walls.... roaring fireplace.... so perhaps my expectations were too high. We have been to Mt Snow many times and stayed in motels for less that were on the same level as Austrian house..... so we just expected more when we "upgraded to a lodge". I wish the owners luck... again they were very nice and I hope they continue to upgrade as they can.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd (top) floor. Since you can hear everything going on in rooms next to you ...you don...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
5.2 km away
5.3 km away
Inn at Mount Snow
Inn at Mount Snow
#7 of 12 in Dover

Been to Austrian Haus Lodge? Share your experiences!