All reviews blast playing mount snow grounds are beautiful highly recommend staying here other guests just like home cozy place stayed longer off season my boyfriend feel right at home can't wait to go back pancakes each morning stella kennel sandy
Reviewed 23 March 2017

The Hotel location is priceless you get a nice view to the river and it's cousy and comfortable.
Even if you don't like the dog themed part of the Hotel it don't bother you since there's not dogs running around the whole hotel.
Sandy was great and kind, hopefully he's now paying his staff lol.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
14  Thank StarkTargaryen
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Just had a terrific weekend with Sandy, Layla, and Stella! What a fantastic place to bring your kids and your puppy dog… And spend the weekend as a family (Sandy being the newest member!)
The chocolate chip pancakes were off the chain… The omelettes were insane! Loved that my golden doodle Atlas had the run of the place all day… he already misses his girlfriend Stella!! Sandy you are an amazing host! Thank you for having us!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
10  Thank ashleighbanfield
LaylasRiversideLodge, Owner at Layla's Riverside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Ashleigh,
Thank you !! I have been blessed with awesome guest this season, and you all just put us over the top. I enjoy seeing people and dogs enjoying what we put forth here at Layla's. It brings a smile to my face as well to my girls, and yes Stella is missing Atlas as well. I look forward to seeing you all again soon, regards Sandy

Reviewed 6 March 2017

If you love Vermont authenticity, dogs and a charming host, stay with Sandy, Layla and Stella. Staying at Layals is like visiting family. Sandy is a charming, inviting host who will insist you put your feet up and relax. If you're a dog lover, stay nowhere else. Stllla and Layla his two beautiful co-hostess dogs are welcoming. The inn is quaint, well appointed, exceptionally well run and perfectly located for Mt Snow in summer and winter. Sandy whips up an awesome breakfast for everyone and can put on a fantastic farm to table or forest to table spread for special occasions. West Dover is my favorite weekend ski outing....no matter where you travel from, they make you feel like a local.

Room tip: Just tell Sandy what you are looking for. Remember you're here to relax, it's Delux Vermont life. Relax, chill and smile
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Gerry S
LaylasRiversideLodge, Owner at Layla's Riverside Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Gerry,
Thank you for your kind words. It was my pleasure to have you all here, and to know that our family feel is working. I look forward to your return as do the girls. Next time you will get to enjoy some more of our lovely valley. Thank you again, regards Sandy

Reviewed 18 February 2017

This was the first time (ever) for me to try to travel with my two small dogs. Sandy and his lovely hostess dogs, Layla & Stella couldn't have been nicer! My "Boys" aren't the most sociable but Sandy's "Girls" seemed to understand that this was all new for my "Boys". Our room was beautiful and comfortable.

Room tip: Overall everything was fine. I might prefer a softer pillow but that is mostly because I have some neck issues and should've traveled with my personal pillow.
Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
6  Thank KathyH2614
Reviewed 19 December 2016

I enjoyed two nights with my family at Layla's. Great hospitality from the Inn Keeper along with fantastic food. Relaxing atmosphere with a nice warm fire in the fireplace made the ambiance fantastic. Not only did my family enjoy to stay, we gained a new friend in Sandy McDougall - the Inn Keeper!

Date of stay: December 2016