“Great Brewery and Food Stop”

Idletyme Brewing Company
Ranked #10 of 103 Restaurants in Stowe
Price range: USD 6 - USD 32
Description: SIMPLE & SEASONAL Once in awhile a place comes along that offers everything you want in a dining experience: quality beer brewed on site, delicious, high-value fare that's family friendly and a cool atmosphere where locals and tourists alike can relax, share stories and soak up almost two centuries of history. You've found that place. Welcome to the Idletyme Brewing Company in Stowe, Vermont.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We stopped at Idletyme on the recommendation from at the Cold Hollow Cider Mill. She was right on! When we walked in we could smell the beer brewing. We sat in the Pub side and ordered flights to check out the beers. The food was good and VERY large portions. The beer was great and they do sell them in single bottles. Very convenient and really attentive waitstaff. Great place to stop.

1  Thank Judy G

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We came to Stowe for our wedding. I had been to idletyme 4-5 times last summer and had to share this wonderful spot with our family and friends.
I reserved a private table for 18 of us. The reservation process was so fast. I was immediately contacted back and helped to plan.
Our table was beautiful. The food was delicious, very reasonable for such an expensive town. After dinner we all went to the outside garden to hang out. Such a friendly family atmosphere. Others were buying us drinks and congratulating us.
The manager on duty was absolutely lovely. I forget his name which is a shame. But when I told him my brother was starting a brewery, he immediately offered to bring us on a tour of the idletyme brewery. Like 6 of us went, super cool! Then later, he gave me an idletyme sweater when I was cold, as a wedding gift.
And the beer is delicious of course:p
From the reservation process to the end of the evening, it was a great experience.
If you want a gorgeous patio, amazing service, friendly staff and family like atmosphere you need to go here. We're from Montréal and will be road tripping to Stowe just for idletyme. Thank you for a perfect evening and looking forward to the next visit:)

2  Thank dontworrybeehappy
Reviewed 13 September 2017

If walking/hiking the Recreation Path stop off here for lunch. Great 'pub' food and drink selection. Good attentive staff and a lovely location on the terrace.

1  Thank Alex F
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We went just for beer, so can't comment on the food. Sat at their outdoor bar, which is lovely. Great ambiance. Beer is good too. Service was fine.

1  Thank Vermont68
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We stopped here today for lunch and to try their beers. The restaurant area is very nicely decorated and quite stylish.
We shared a flight of beers, which were ok, and ordered lunch. The service at that point was good. I ordered the burger, and asked that it be cooked well done. When it arrived I cut the burger in half, and the meat was very rare. There was no waiter around so after a few minutes I took it to the host and explained the problem.
Five minutes later my burger was back, with an apology. However, it was still very pink. The attached photo is after the second time it had been cooked!
I ate a few bits around the edge, but I hate uncooked meat. I also didn't think it was a great idea to have it cooked a third time. I told the waiter it was still quite pink.
When the bill came we were charged full price. I thought that was pretty poor. We paid and left, never to return.
There are lots of places to eat nearby - my advice is to try elsewhere.