“Great lunch spot”

Idletyme Brewing Company
Ranked #10 of 103 Restaurants in Stowe
Price range: USD 6 - USD 32
Description: SIMPLE & SEASONAL Once in awhile a place comes along that offers everything you want in a dining experience: quality beer brewed on site, delicious, high-value fare that's family friendly and a cool atmosphere where locals and tourists alike can relax, share stories and soak up almost two centuries of history. You've found that place. Welcome to the Idletyme Brewing Company in Stowe, Vermont.
Reviewed 13 September 2017

If walking/hiking the Recreation Path stop off here for lunch. Great 'pub' food and drink selection. Good attentive staff and a lovely location on the terrace.

1  Thank Alex F

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We went just for beer, so can't comment on the food. Sat at their outdoor bar, which is lovely. Great ambiance. Beer is good too. Service was fine.

1  Thank Vermont68
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We stopped here today for lunch and to try their beers. The restaurant area is very nicely decorated and quite stylish.
We shared a flight of beers, which were ok, and ordered lunch. The service at that point was good. I ordered the burger, and asked that it be cooked well done. When it arrived I cut the burger in half, and the meat was very rare. There was no waiter around so after a few minutes I took it to the host and explained the problem.
Five minutes later my burger was back, with an apology. However, it was still very pink. The attached photo is after the second time it had been cooked!
I ate a few bits around the edge, but I hate uncooked meat. I also didn't think it was a great idea to have it cooked a third time. I told the waiter it was still quite pink.
When the bill came we were charged full price. I thought that was pretty poor. We paid and left, never to return.
There are lots of places to eat nearby - my advice is to try elsewhere.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The Idletyme is both a restaurant and a pub. I've been to the restaurant twice and both times the service has been excellent and the food was superb. The atmosphere is perfect for meeting friends and lingering over our meal as we catch up on life. I especially like that the restaurant is light and open so that I can actually see my food and my dining companions. The last time that I was there, I had the fish and chips - really, really good.

1  Thank Sue05841
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch with a group of six and got seated immediately. Excellent waitstaff took drink orders quickly. We all had 4 ounce samples from their brewery. We all had different lunch items...mine being cheese fries with brisket. Very good. We had a booth that was comfy and quiet so that we could visit. Still free popcorn in the bar which harken s back to the days when it was the Shed.

1  Thank gordoharv