“Good Food and Service”

The Stowe Inn Tavern
Ranked #67 of 104 Restaurants in Stowe
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Stowe Inn offers all guests a full-service on-site bar and restaurant at the River House Restaurant. The River House Restaurant provides a unique culinary experience with “sustainable farm to table” dishes served fresh daily. The quality menu can only be matched by the first-class customer service and relaxing, friendly atmosphere. Whether you are looking for a casual dinner for two, a glass of wine and an appetizer, or a full three-course meal, the River House Restaurant offers the delicious dining experience you’ve been looking for.The restaurant is open for Dinner Wednesday-Sunday from 5PM to 10PM. Check our Specials Wednesday thru Saturday.
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We were a little off put when we arrived because the restaurant wasn't full. But, we were greeted at the entrance by the bartender and decided to stay. The bartender waited on us and the service was friendly, professional and knowledgeable. The food was excellent. The men had prime ribs which were prepared exactly the way they wanted them. Both raved about the sour cream horseradish sauce which they described as the real deal. Spoiler alert: it has a real kick. I had the salmon which was seared a maple syrup sauce. The fish was moist and well seasoned. The asparagus were firm and flavorful. I am glad we stayed and enjoyed our meal in a restaurant where we could hear each other and enjoy the background music.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Must have been our waitress's first gig. Terrible service from the get go. My prime rib was great but that's all I can say. There were so many things wrong it would take to long to list.
The best (worst) was ..... Before clearing our table of the dishes the waitress gives ME the bill instead of my husband and says "this is yours".
Are you kidding me.

So disappointing. I have wanted to visit this beautiful place for years. Now it will forever be a really BAD memory.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful place to spend your time with friends and also family.we were so lucky because the staff was so kind and helped us with everything. I will be back soon for sure. 5 stars!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I planed to offer my family a nice stay at a causy Vermont town unfortunately we left with not the best impression due to The Stowe Inn Tavern. Not a real welcome by the reception lady, hardly available staff. No dinner, no drinks we were told some staff just left. Would be a nice place if managed the right way. More cleaning, better maintenance on electrical equipment as light switch just gave a stroke, more garden instead of dominating parking space and better atmosphere around the pool. All night loud from the street side.

1  Thank riemensperger
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

So much character! The Staff was accommodating and helpful. Because of a family emergency, the bar and restaurant were not open during our stay. However the location is perfect to access other places to eat and drink within walking distance. The rooms were clean albeit older and a little worn. I would recommend this place to my friends if they are looking for a "Vermont Inn" experience!

Been to The Stowe Inn Tavern? Share your experiences!