“Amazing, Authentic, Tucked-In Venue, Cozy and Romantic”

Swiss Fondue Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 104 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Chef Heinz was a consistent presence as we tried dishes and wine at his recommendation. He welcomed us and treated us as honored guests/family. We settled-in very comfortably.

This food experience was authentically delicious. Service was attentive and welcoming as well. In all honesty, this was one of the top dining experiences we had in Stowe. This is a not-to-miss experience, for sure. Kudos to Chef Heinz and staff. Fun and memorable. Many thanks for welcoming us and making us feel at home.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent food! We are a Swiss family and Heinz makes real authentic quality Fondue purely delicious!

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Crêpe St.Tropez, Authentic Beer/Décor, Roasted Apple Crêpe, Real European Music. Atmosphere relaxing/comfortable. You forget time and just want to sit there all day sipping beer. Enjoyable and beautiful flowers added outside for the summer.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

We stopped in for lunch while visiting the Stowe area. We both had different crepe dishes and they were delicious! Also had a strawberry rhubarb crepe desert with fresh whip creme which was perfect!

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

I am planning a trip to Switzerland at the end of April. I've seen these amazing videos of a dish/cheese called Raclette. I'm a huge cheese lover! My girlfriend surprised me for my birthday and found this cute little "authentic" Swiss restaurant in the heart of Stowe. Sounds great right? Well... She made us a reservation for 7pm. We walked in and there was a strange smell...... we sat down and looked around at the very dated decor. Still, we are both willing to give it a try. We ordered the Raclette for a starter. If you haven't seen how Raclette is served, picture a half wheel of cheese under a flame broiler to get it all carmelized and melty... sounds delish right? Well, so we ordered the Raclette... the very nice lady who took our order went into the back. About two minutes later, we heard the sound of buttons being pushed on a microwave... one minute after that, our "Raclette" dish came out. Well, have you ever made nachos in the microwave? Kinda soggy, chips aren't crispy and the cheese is melty but kinda weird melty.... yeah, the Raclette was just that, for $13..Kinda weird melty and I'm not 100% sure that it wasn't a little bad. Like a cut the mold off the sides before serving kind of bad. To be fair, I have never had Raclette before but I am a fan of strong cheese. Oh, and as soon as she sat down the dish, we realized what the funky smell was when we came in. The Raclette dish. We tasted it and it was ok. Nothing I would return for, but I am looking forward to ordering the real thing in Switzerland. Next, we decided to split an entree, just in case.... smart move. We had the beef tenderloin fondue. Here's what it is, just so you know.. raw tenderloin rolls that you cook in a chicken broth. I'm fine with that. The broth was a little bland but the beef was tender, and the sauces on the side were ok. It's served with cut up baguette, which was stale. So, all in all, the entree was ok.... that is until about two hours later. Whoa.. both of us had seriously upset stomachs ... which lasted til the next day. I realize we were there on a Monday night during mud season I might add... but... if you're going to have a restaurant that's open.. if you're going to have a "authentic" Swiss restaurant that open throughout the year, keep it consistent... I've read some good reviews on this place, but i did not, by any means, enjoy any part of this meal. In fact, i felt bad for the woman who was our hostess/waitress/chef. I usually give restaurants two try's before I won't go back... I don't think I'll be going back for this one.