“Good Lunch Spot”

Edelweiss Mountain Deli
Ranked #23 of 103 Restaurants in Stowe
Reviewed 7 August 2017

After heading back to Stowe from hiking, we stopped in to grab a sandwich. Immediately, it was clear we were in the right spot - the parking lot was full of landscaping trucks and other locals. My turkey sandwich was delicious and pricey ($9.50). I guess its not uncommon to find big-city prices in resort towns, and Edelweiss is no steal.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

The deli sandwiches are always loaded with deli meat. The tuna is excellent and the roast beef is always mouth watering.
Service is always fast and friendly! We took our order on a hike with us this time.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We stopped in to pick up some Heady Topper, but ended up going back for food. Cute store, friendly owner - great place to grab a picnic lunch to eat on one of the local trails.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Ordered sandwiches from this place. Simple, roast beef with lettuce and mayo. $9.50? REALLY! These sandwiches were the size of a hockey puck and thin to boot. Bread was horrible. This was far from a #1 Deli. NO WAY. It's a nickel and dime establishment. Don't bother going there.

1  Thank NYLAWMAN
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Being from out of town I had seen the sign in the window prominently saying that the Edelweiss is the town's # 1 deli , now that I have been in the area for a couple days I don't think that I have seen another deli !

My wife and I both ordered the Roast Beef sub and thought that the portion size was good, but the girl behind the counter asked us if we wanted Mayonnaise on our sandwich (which we both said yes) We think that they used Miracle Whip. (Not our idea of Mayo ! )

The price was on the high side ($9 bucks for the sub) It looked like they had nice cookies and pastries but we did not eat any of them.

Our sandwich would have been better with Mayo.