“The View Can't Be Beat!”
Review of The Roost

The Roost
Ranked #33 of 104 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Contemporary and classic, entirely reimagined. A modern lobby bar and restaurant, where definitive fare has a decidedly Vermont twist. A comfortable, casual space that brings the outdoors in, and the indoors out. The Roost is a place to meet up and hang out. Where you can grab a seat, a bite, and a game at our Shuffleboard Dining Bar, or gather in our patio living room - under a pergola, near a fire pit, bocce court, and a reflecting pool. Or, lounge on oversized couches while you sample one of our Chef's nibbles, the perfect plates to go with a craft draft beer or creative cocktail. Food served until 10:00 PM.
Reviewed 30 June 2016

We sat on the patio, where the view is absolutely amazing! We had a cheese plate and bottle of wine while watching the sun set over the mountains. Service was great, and the atmosphere even better! If you're in Stowe, this spot is a must.

Reviewed 24 May 2016

My family have been going to Stowe for years and have loved staying at Topnotch resort over the years. But, one thing that I have noticed is that the service at the Roost is awful! There was signs leading up to the resort saying "Spring Fling-wine and cheese for $5", my husband and I thought it sounded fun...so we decided to stop by The Roost and have a drink outside. We ordered wings for our kids and asked the very unfriendly waitress about the "wine and cheese", she seemed a little fed up with it and said it only went till 6pm, it was 5...I ordered a glass of wine, my husband a beer....no cheese ever arrived...this wasn't a huge deal.....but, really thought we made it clear that we wanted it...after asking her again, she told me I didn't order the right kind...I ordered more expensive wine...ok, the next glass, I ordered one of the awful wines on their Spring Fling list...she never brought the cheese....when paying, we asked her again about the cheese...and she finally brought an inch size triangle...We aren't cheap people at all, but the advertisements made it seem like it would be a fun thing to do. I have had this awful waitress before on other visits. I wish I knew her name, but i don't. Topnotch should really look into this. It was a real turn off! We went for breakfast at the Green Mountain Inn the next day and were greeted and served by the most fantastic waitress named Bonnie and had a great breakfast there.

1  Thank Maureen L
Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

Stopped by for drinks after dinner while visiting the area overnight. Sat at the bar, bartenders were friendly and made a good drink. Will definitely re-visit next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

Servings were huge, food was great. Love the atmosphere, not so keen on loud kids playing on the shuffleboard. Bartenders went the extra mile!

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Topnotch changed its stripes a few years back, and it lost its character (or found trying-too-hard-chic character, which just doesn't work in VT).

My wife and I had drinks and appetizers. My wife's martini was good, but $15 for a relatively small martini?) The beer selection was average at best and all over priced. I was very surprised to find Narragansett, which I like as a cheap American beer and $4 isn't bad.

The calamari was very tasty and quit good when it first came out. However, after a couple minutes, it was soggy although still tasty. The bread was good, but $10 for a few slices and some ricotta?

The atmosphere didn't cover the cost although the view is pretty darned good.

Been to The Roost? Share your experiences!