“Revisiting an old favorite”

Matterhorn Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Pizza, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Love the Matterhorn. Hadn't been in a few years but it was just as I remembered it. Solid menu, amazing atmosphere. A Stowe "must" if you haven't been before.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We were a bit disappointed when we dropped into the Matterhorn recently. The service was friendly and prompt, and our drinks were brought to us quickly. But here is where it fell down a bit.

We ordered a few starters and mains. We waited a while longer than normal for the starters, (wings, a tuna martini and a salad), and before we could get half way through the the starters, the main courses showed up, so everything was on the table all at once and by choosing to finish the starters, the mains got cold.

The fish tacos were good, but pan seared and not breaded like in the past, the chicken sandwich was amazing, but the NY strip steak was a disappointment. I had had it several times in the past, but this time the meat was very fatty, and tough and without much flavor. At $21, I Won't order it again.

Overall, our experience was not what we would have liked, and considering that the place was more than half empty, the timing of how they brought out the food was disappointing. We will give it a try again when we are back in a few weeks, but overall the Matterhorn was much better in pervious visits.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Our family was having a small reunion of 10 and we heard the sushi was excellent at Matterhorn so we just had to try it! When we arrived there were not 10 seats together but the waiter made a lovely space for all of us outside which was grand. It then started to rain and he helped us sit all together on the inside too. Jeremy was our waiter and he was so personable and accommodating. Smiled the entire evening , couldn't have been more attentive and the food was very good as well. We loved Matterhorn and will surely visit again soon. It's true about the sushi.....fresh, delicious and flavorful.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

It was a very busy night, very understaffed. Decent pizza, decent sushi, stiff cocktails. Throughout our long wait for our meal, my husband and I noticed that certain customers were being completely ignored. We actually chatted with a couple of them, they were very frustrated. One woman had been waiting for over 30 minutes for her sever to come back and get her credit card so they could leave. She ended up coming up to the bar to do it since her server never came back. We soon realized if you weren't a local, you were ignored. At the end of our meal, I asked for some condiments to go for our leftovers and the bartender, Jamieson, told me to ask the other bartender for those condiments if I see him. What?! He then proceeded to go to a table and chat casually with them for 10 minutes, completely ignoring our request. We never got them. Every time my husband and I witnessed an annoyed customer and one of the bartenders, there was never an apology, never a care. Don't bother coming here unless you are a local and they know you.

1  Thank JMB102585
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

In town for a family affair and a good bunch of us decided to try Matterhorn. I wish our server was more enthusiastic about our large group. The food was great, the sushi included, and the prices were fair but they seem more interested seating smaller parties. I will return for the fine fare, but maybe with not such a large group.