“GOOD SETTING, GOOD FOOD, BAD ACCESS!”

Bistro at Ten Acres
Ranked #3 of 104 Restaurants in Stowe
Price range: USD 12 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Luce Hill Road
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed our date here. It was right after sunset and the views out windows were lovely and dining area was very pleasant. Husband had cheddar soup and thought it was great. I had the duck confit with roasted fingerling potatoes and this was more than perfect. Husband had the chicken pot pie, more than ample, and he licked his plate clean! Shared the raspberry cheese cake...just average. Excellent service.
PLEASE NOTE... that this restaurant is not handicapped friendly. There are no railings on steps up from parking lot, no railings in bathroom or on stairs into dining area. Lots of up and downs. Difficult for those of us who use a cane or unsteady, impossible for anyone in a wheelchair. I live where every place is accessible and had no idea that Vermont is so far from being so. May I remind the owners that Vermont has the oldest population in the US. Terrible.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

With friends in town, we went through the notch to the Bistro last night, and we were all absolutely thrilled with our meals. Two of us had the duck, which was a very generous portion of perfectly crispy duck, along with perfectly cooked fingerling potatoes, roasted beets, broccolini and carrots. I'm always searching for tasty duck entrees, and this was the best I've had in years, finished with a nice subtle fruit glaze.
It also allowed me to try something other than the large and delicious pork shank ...why not try something different?

My wife loved her lobster dish (as usual), and the other diner loved the curry.
The appetizers were similarly outstanding: pineapple salad for my wife, beer and cheddar soup and watercress salads for the rest of us.

We only had room for a shared piece of bourbon pecan pie for dessert.

1  Thank budwom
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a relaxing, unrushed dinner in Stowe, this is the restaurant. The food was exceptional, and our server, Linda, was extremely personable and accommodating. There was also a talented guitar player who sang a mix of 70's folk/rock music. This all added up to a great dining experience. We highly recommend!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Lovely dinner setting with a view of a field of cows. Service was thoughtful, informative and kind, and our meal was good. Will be back!

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We ate here last year and loved the food and server. So we came back for more of the same. My lobster with polenta was outstanding. The pork shank was okay. Last year’s was better. They were accommodating on changing the sides. The couscous and spinach was outstanding. Waitstaff was wonderful.

Been to Bistro at Ten Acres? Share your experiences!