New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Stowe
CT
“Classic lodge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Many of the reviewers have already stated this, but the Commodore is a classic VT ski lodge. Cozy lobby and numerous long hallways!

Definitely outdated, but the price is great, the rooms are clean, and overall the service was excellent.

Breakfast: Really enjoyed the breakfast options here. Hot, quality food. The staff was very responsive in the dinning area.

Location: Very convenient location. In fact you can catch the shuttle right in the parking lot to Stowe Resort if you feel like sleeping in and the fam/group goes on ahead of you.

One negative: I was severely injured during my trip skiing, stuck with my leg immobilized and on crutches for the first time. When I went to the front desk for some bags so I could ice my injury the young woman could barely be bothered to provide a couple extra bags and mumbled the ice machine was "that way". As I struggled with two bags of ice and my crutches she barely glanced up, didn't even bother to offer any assistance. I was kicking myself for not getting her name, as all the other staff was very attentive and helpful.

Beyond this one blip, I still would recommend this Inn.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank declue
CommodoresStowe, Manager at Commodores Inn, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was very sorry to hear that one of our front desk employees was not more eager to assist you with your needs during your stay. We pride ourselves on offering outstanding customer service and assisting our guests with everything we can to make their stay the best possible.
I have spoken with all of the staff in reference to this behavior and reminded them of the importance of our guests and their satisfaction.
I am pleased to hear that the rest of your stay was pleasant and hope that you will consider us again the next time you visit Stowe.

Warm Regards,

Karen L Brown
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed at the Commodores Inn for a ski weekend with friends. The property is not too far from the ski resort (last stop on the Stowe resort shuttle) and offers decent and clean rooms. There is a ski/board equipment locked room so your equipment stays safe overnight. The breakfast buffet is plentiful for a day on the slopes. We also had the dinner buffet (with the Prime Rib special). There are two whirlpools with a sauna on one end of the property, and one next to the pool at the other end, so you can find the appropriate place to relax (if not the bar) after a long day of skiing. The lobby lounge has a fireplace (gas, not wood, unfortunately) with free cookies and lemonade/tea/coffee. The staff is helpful in calling local transport to the restaurants and clubs. This was my second stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
NYC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

My 8 yo son and I stayed here march 3 and 4 to ski Stowe. My son loved the place but commented that the beds are hard. This Inn is a typical old style skiers Inn. No frills. Our room was clean, and the room felt cozy but anyone wanting romance, upscale bedsheets, tasteful decor, Molton brown bath soaps, etc., will be sorely disappointed. I wasn't expecting anything like that and was pleasantly surprised at all the fresh fruit for breakfast. I got a good deal and might stay here again. My only real complaint was that there were 3 busloads of drunken college kids here this weekend who monopolized all three hot tubs and raged into the wee hours of the night. kinda brought me back to my youth though, so I couldn't be too mad. If I was 22 I would definitely come here again, and again.

Room Tip: I had the handicapped room since the rest of the inn was sold out. It has a view of a wall and the...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NYCityKitty
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed one night after getting a deal on an independant website, for the price we payed it wasn't bad but we would have been a little disapointed if we had paid normal full price.
Rooms were clean & comfortable but very dated!
Afternoon tea and cookies were tastym
Staff were friendly & helpful.
Breakfast wasn't included for us but we paid $10 extra each and it was good, lots of fresh fruit, some less sugar - filled cereals would be good though.
I would go again if the price was discounted but wouldn't pay full price.

Room Tip: Rooms 226 and 227-avoid, and perhaps others. They are above the lobby meaning you hear people coming...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nia V
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Each year my ski club stays at The Commodores Inn. Carrie and Bruce provide the best accomodations, food and lodging. They and their staff are always available for help and are congenial at all times. The Commodores Inn is convenient to town as the free town shuttle starts here. The Inn has a relaxed homey atmosphere. Not only do they have an indoor pool, but hot tubs and sauna. It is truly an all inclusive hotel and at a very good value. I have recommended this Inn to many people, none of whom have been disappointed.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends