All reviews nooks and crannies dressing room fire pit unique hotel new ownership frisbee golf modern rooms classic vermont ping pong books and games common areas lounge area ski lodge mountain view murphy bed cozy atmosphere hot tub
Reviewed 29 October 2018

We came across the Stowehof online as we were pulling into town and we are so grateful we did. It was a great find and we wished we were able to stay there longer. It is an older place, so there are a lot of quirks in the building, but we loved the character! Because it's older, some doorways were a little lower so my 6'2" husband had to duck a tad to walk through some, but it was not a problem at all! The views are fantastic and there is a lot to explore. The room was big, very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The lounging area was fantastic with two wood burning fires. There are a ton of comfortable couches and chairs to lounge in. Books and games galore to sit by the fire and enjoy. Free tea and coffee 24 hours a day. S'mores around a campfire at night! The staff was very friendly. If we are ever back in the area, we will be staying here again!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kendra Y, General Manager at The Stowehof, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent Stowehof experience. I am so happy to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your guest room, common areas, complimentary s'mores reception and that our team took great care of you. We certainly hope you and your husband can join us again soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

I loved everything about this place. It was charming and clean. The views were absolutely incredible. The service was fantastic. Everyone was so kind and helpful. The dinner in the Fritz bar was really good. They built us a fire and we made free smores. The next morning our breakfast was awesome and the guy serving us was just as kind as everyone else had been. I would love to come back here and would recommend to others visiting Stowe or near area's.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kendra Y, General Manager at The Stowehof, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2018

Dear Brianna,

Thank you so much for your kind review, I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel, the s'mores and our service, we have a great team that pride themselves on making our guests feel at home. We hope to have you as our guests again soon!

Reviewed 23 October 2018

We arrived late (around 8pm), however from the welcoming brightly painted front door and greeting by the amazing Molly, we felt immediately at home. What can I say about this place? It's cozy, it smells good, and it's inclusive. You never feel like you are out of place. The vibes are good, and bones of the place welcome you enough to feel like it's personally yours or at least at your favorite relatives vacation house. . Decor is something out of a Wes Anderson film. Breakfast was simple but delicious nourishment . You can easily pend a 1/2 hour just exploring the place, and another hour trying to find out exactly your favorite sitting spot tons of nooks and crannies to snuggle in. The views are gorgeous. The bar and restaurant again simply and yummy and affordable. The bartenders on staff were knowledgeable about the craft brews and quick with recommendations. It was so welcoming in fact, I thought most of the patrons were regulars that came to visit, until we talked to them and realized 1/2 of them were having their first stay at the Stowehof like us. We were the only couple with children there, and no one made us feel like they didn't belong or we were a bother . Molly is exceptional and beyond kind, I can't say enough about her. There are so many personal touches and I don't want to give it all away. We will back, hopefully this year once snow falls.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Kendra Y, General Manager at The Stowehof, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Dear Renee,

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your recent visit at The Stowehof! The atmosphere you describe is just what we hope each and every guest takes away from their visit. Molly is a great addition to our team, thank you for mentioning her, I will be sure to pass along your compliments. We look forward to having you as our guests this winter! Please reach out if there is anything we can do to personalize your next stay with us.

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

The stowehof is quirky, a hipster’s dreamscape. The upstairs rooms all slant inward. As someone who is prone to motion sickness, I got super ill. The bedding was pristine. The s’mores around the campfire was a nice touch and the bar’s bottles of wine are reasonably priced. However, being from
FL we are well Acquainted with the smell of
Bug spray and the stowehof’s Room (34) DEFINITELY smelled of bug spray. We woke up with the worst headaches and hightailed it out of there. It wasn’t awful, but I wouldn’t stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Kendra Y, General Manager at The Stowehof, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear hfragapm,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your recent Stowehof experience. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the comfortable bed, our complimentary s'mores reception and Fritz restaurant offerings. A sincere apology that your guest room had an unpleasant odor. We have been doing some upgrades and room 34 was freshly painted about a month ago. We always appreciate all guest feedback as we are continuously looking for ways to enhance our guest experience. If you find yourself in the Stowe area again, we hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

A must for anytime! The Stowehof is special, offering quiet, private rooms and plenty of spaces to also interact alone with nature or with others.
I was concerned about finding it as many roads lead out of Stowe and off into different directions but had no trouble. Cozy rooms- clean and plenty of closet space. I think this is the only room that actually gave me 2 luggage racks- I never understood why King Rooms which will have most likely 2 people only have 1 luggage rack!
All the employees I encountered were very helpful- except we were not told that a bus had reserved the dining room essentially and that we should make other plans for dinner--- so off I had to drive into the dark==
++Clean- comfortable- if you have mobility issues this may not be a good choice for you-
Wish more lodgings that incorporated unique architecture, service and comfort existed-

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank BackRoadsUSA

Dear BackRoadsUSA,

Thank you for your five star review! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at The Stowehof and that the team took great care of you. I do hope we have you as our guests again the next time you pass through Stowe.