All reviews nooks and crannies dressing room fire pit unique hotel new ownership frisbee golf modern rooms classic vermont ping pong books and games common areas lounge area ski lodge murphy bed cozy atmosphere bit outdated hot tub
Reviewed 23 October 2018

We arrived late (around 8pm), however from the welcoming brightly painted front door and greeting by the amazing Molly, we felt immediately at home. What can I say about this place? It's cozy, it smells good, and it's inclusive. You never feel like you are out of place. The vibes are good, and bones of the place welcome you enough to feel like it's personally yours or at least at your favorite relatives vacation house. . Decor is something out of a Wes Anderson film. Breakfast was simple but delicious nourishment . You can easily pend a 1/2 hour just exploring the place, and another hour trying to find out exactly your favorite sitting spot tons of nooks and crannies to snuggle in. The views are gorgeous. The bar and restaurant again simply and yummy and affordable. The bartenders on staff were knowledgeable about the craft brews and quick with recommendations. It was so welcoming in fact, I thought most of the patrons were regulars that came to visit, until we talked to them and realized 1/2 of them were having their first stay at the Stowehof like us. We were the only couple with children there, and no one made us feel like they didn't belong or we were a bother . Molly is exceptional and beyond kind, I can't say enough about her. There are so many personal touches and I don't want to give it all away. We will back, hopefully this year once snow falls.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Kendra Y, General Manager at The Stowehof, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Dear Renee,

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your recent visit at The Stowehof! The atmosphere you describe is just what we hope each and every guest takes away from their visit. Molly is a great addition to our team, thank you for mentioning her, I will be sure to pass along your compliments. We look forward to having you as our guests this winter! Please reach out if there is anything we can do to personalize your next stay with us.

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

The stowehof is quirky, a hipster’s dreamscape. The upstairs rooms all slant inward. As someone who is prone to motion sickness, I got super ill. The bedding was pristine. The s’mores around the campfire was a nice touch and the bar’s bottles of wine are reasonably priced. However, being from
FL we are well Acquainted with the smell of
Bug spray and the stowehof’s Room (34) DEFINITELY smelled of bug spray. We woke up with the worst headaches and hightailed it out of there. It wasn’t awful, but I wouldn’t stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Kendra Y, General Manager at The Stowehof, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear hfragapm,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your recent Stowehof experience. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the comfortable bed, our complimentary s'mores reception and Fritz restaurant offerings. A sincere apology that your guest room had an unpleasant odor. We have been doing some upgrades and room 34 was freshly painted about a month ago. We always appreciate all guest feedback as we are continuously looking for ways to enhance our guest experience. If you find yourself in the Stowe area again, we hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

A must for anytime! The Stowehof is special, offering quiet, private rooms and plenty of spaces to also interact alone with nature or with others.
I was concerned about finding it as many roads lead out of Stowe and off into different directions but had no trouble. Cozy rooms- clean and plenty of closet space. I think this is the only room that actually gave me 2 luggage racks- I never understood why King Rooms which will have most likely 2 people only have 1 luggage rack!
All the employees I encountered were very helpful- except we were not told that a bus had reserved the dining room essentially and that we should make other plans for dinner--- so off I had to drive into the dark==
++Clean- comfortable- if you have mobility issues this may not be a good choice for you-
Wish more lodgings that incorporated unique architecture, service and comfort existed-

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank BackRoadsUSA

Dear BackRoadsUSA,

Thank you for your five star review! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at The Stowehof and that the team took great care of you. I do hope we have you as our guests again the next time you pass through Stowe.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

We did not know to expect when we arrived in Stowe, let alone The Stowehof. We were charmed by both. This is the most beautiful town I've travelled to in both Quebec and Vermont. My girlfriend and I were here in mid-October and we enjoyed waterfalls at the Bingham Falls, great cuisine and shopping, beautiful scenery and a variety of hiking options. I would recommend this town and this hotel for couples, groups of friends and families.

The Stowehof, what a gem. When you park and see it for the first time, you feel like you're at a ski lodge in the Alps. It is charming through and through. The staff is amazing, shout out to Molly and her amazing sense of humour. Kendra, the manager, is truly delightful and accommodating.

The view, the main room, the billiards in the basement, jacuzzi, the beautiful grounds outside in full view of the mountains totally secluded, the raw beauty make this hotel a must-visit.

This place will make you feel good, it's a special place in a special town that deserves to be discovered.

- Vito

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vito L

Dear Vito,

A sincere thank you for taking the time to detail your recent Stowehof experience. I am so happy to hear that you and your girlfriend found our hotel and thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us. Molly is truly a gem and we are grateful to have her, thank you for mentioning her. I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to host you again!

Reviewed 20 October 2018

I am very sad that my stay here was extremely short (less than 12 hours) but I had a wonderful time nonetheless. This hotel exudes charm and character and is one of the most memorable places I have ever stayed. Yes, it is old but that is part of the magic of this place. Prices were exceptionally low during my stay (I bet it goes up significantly during the ski season) and it was a great value.

Overnight was the first snowfall of the season and had I not been convinced by new friends at the Fritz bar to go to Acadia, I would have easily stayed longer. next time for sure....

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank moyali
Kendra Y, General Manager at The Stowehof, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2018

Dear Alex M,

Thank you for your five star review! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and even met a few new friends. We do hope you will come see us when you can stay longer. Winter is another great time of year to visit!