All reviews nooks and crannies dressing room fire pit unique hotel new ownership frisbee golf modern rooms classic vermont ping pong books and games common areas lounge area ski lodge murphy bed cozy atmosphere bit outdated hot tub
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Wow. The Stowehof was hands down the best hotel stay we have ever had. Molly at the front desk was funny, sweet and extremely accommodating! We happened upon The Stowehof online and it was better than expected. If you appreciate fun, quirky interiors and architecture, this place is for you! Every room was so thoughtfully designed to make you feel cozy and at home. We played card games in the main area, had dinner at the Fitz (delicious!) and sat by the fire at the pool. Breakfast was cheap and did the trick. Pancakes, eggs, toast, juice, etc. Plus, you get to sip your coffee and look out over the mountains, who would want to wake up any other way? I'm a photographer and take many photos during my trips, this trip's album turned out to be a love letter to the Stowehof! We were planning our next visit before we even left.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kendra Y, General Manager at The Stowehof, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Hilary C,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your recent Stowehof stay. We are so thrilled to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your experience. Molly is a gem and thank you for mentioning her. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with all of our staff. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2018

Fantastic place to stay while exploring the town. We loved the small vibe of the hotel. Also had a great deal, as it was one of the cheapest finds arounds. Very close to Idyltime brewery, the alchemist, and edelweiss. Only about 2 miles from the center part of town.

Dear Sean S,

Thank you for your kind feedback, we are so happy to hear you enjoyed the Stowehof and hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 28 September 2018

I don't remember the last time my husband and I have enjoyed the HOTEL we stayed at more than the Stowehof. Normally, the hotel is just a place you check into and out of your room and that's about it. But not here. He staff was fun to talk too, the Fritz's Bar was fun, and we met the nicest people outside while gazing at the fire with drinks in hand.

This place is like a European ski chalet and echoes of conversations past. There was a fire in the lounge (and what a view!) The pool table was fun, there were books waiting to be read in secret seating areas just around the corner. I loved the memorabilia that was everywhere and could imagine apres ski during the 50s and 60s.

If you are looking for an industrial, cookie cutter, big tv, corporate-furniture kind of place, this isn't it. Go to a chain. But if you want a comfortable bed and a better place to sit with fellow guests, then this is it! The wi-fi was great but I usually left my phone off to keep modern distractions at a minimum.

Oh sure it could use some paint or an extra chair here and there (I know they are working on renovations.) I couldn't have cared less. We ate wonderful early dinners and rushed back to enjoy the socializing at Stowehof.

Thank you Molly and everyone else there that made our stay terrific!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kendra Y, General Manager at The Stowehof, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Dear MaryBethW,

A sincere thank you for taking the time to detail your recent Stowehof experience. It truly is a special place and I am so delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We are fortunate to have such a great team and I am happy to hear that they went above and beyond to make your stay terrific. I share all reviews with our staff and I assure you they will be commended. Thank you again and we hope to have you as our guests again soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

My husband and I needed desperately to ge5 away from the city. We chose th3 Stowehof. We chose right. Fritz bar serves a delicious meal, try the BBQ romaine, it is awesome. The prices are quite affordable. Sleepless, no problem. The area to read, relax, meditate ar3 countless, there is even a pool table available anytime. I practice Reiki and gave my husband two treatments by the fire pit, he never slept better. A great environment to be in if you are looking to recharge with the help of nature, a welcoming environment and a very comfortable bed. Thank you for such a chill place to put my feet up and reflect....

Room tip: Any view is amazing

Dear Lisa V,

Thank you so much for choosing Stowehof. The team and I are delighted to hear you and your husband were able to unwind and relax amongst our beautiful surroundings. We look forward to having you as our guests again soon!

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Our stay at the Stowehof was very relaxing as Molly at reception made certain our needs were met. Beautiful views enhanced by a Bavarian charm at this lodge. Food and drink fantastic and convenience to Stowe, Smuggler's Notch, etc made it even better.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear ettaboy61,

Thank you for choosing Stowehof, I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the Stowehof's charm, our restaurant and Molly's guest service, she is truly an asset to our team. We hope to have you as our guests again soon!