All reviews nooks and crannies dressing room fire pit unique hotel new ownership frisbee golf modern rooms classic vermont ping pong books and games common areas lounge area ski lodge murphy bed cozy atmosphere bit outdated hot tub
Reviewed 5 September 2018

The Stowehof is exactly my cup of tea! The setting is absolutely beautiful, and the Inn itself is unique in such a lovely way. It is so much more than a place to spend the night. If you are looking for something special and a little different, this could be just your place. During the warmer months, the pool area offers beautiful views of the mountains in the distance. They have a bonfire every night. The grounds are expansive, and inviting. The common area offers several nooks and crannies to enjoy a book or conversation with friends and/or family, and includes several fireplaces tucked away here and there. The staff is extremely warm, friendly and accommodating. You can tell they truly care, and want to be sure you enjoy your stay. There is so much to explore at the Stowhof itself, and in the Stowe area. Each time I visit, I wish I had more time.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Kendra Y, General Manager at The Stowehof, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear pj450vv,

A sincere thank you for taking the time to share your most recent Stowehof experience with us. On behalf of myself and the team we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you were well taken care of and made to feel at home . Your positive feedback is much appreciated and will be shared with our staff. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Stowehof this past weekend for a quick getaway. The property is beautiful and is full of activities. Very affordable. The rooms definitely need to be updated as they are very outdated. I would suggest upgrading to a larger room. The floor of my bathtub was a tad scary. Thank goodness for flip-flops. Drinks and food are very affordable and the location is close to many bars and restaurants. The views outside are breathtaking.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Kendra Y, General Manager at The Stowehof, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear julialeigh78,

Thank you for choosing Stowehof to spend your holiday weekend. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel, our property and all of the activities offered. I am happy to share that we are beginning a room refresh that will address your concern of the outdated guestroom. I hope to have you as our guests again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Loved the Stowehof vibe! Vintage ski posters, modern furniture, and lots of natural light made for a simulaneously trendy yet laid-back aesthetic. Excellent restaurant--had the caprese salad, brussel sprouts, and beets--very fresh, would recommend all. I found the breakfast delicious--i especially loved the homemade granola with maple syrup. Service throughout was friendly and lovely.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear KMG414,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent Stowehof stay! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the vibe of the hotel as well as Fritz bar and restaurant. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our team. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2018

This "Inn" was not our cup of tea. The room was not only small but the floor, especially in the bathroom, tilted to the side. It was so bad that my husband refers to it as "The Titanic Room". The mattress was so sloped that I had to change sides of the bed with my husband in order to not roll off of the bed. The door to the balcony was small and stuck. The hallways are dark and narrow. Maybe these are the conditions one expects from a resort for skiers.
Little things got to us. When we had booked, our booking said that we would have breakfast included. However, when we checked in, we were told that breakfast was available for a fee. After querying the situation, we did find out that we could get breakfast. There is coffee and tea available 24/7. My problem is that there are mismatched mugs placed around the pots and these are what you are to use. There is no way of knowing if another patron used them first or not. If you're going to stay here, bring your own travel mug if you drink coffee/tea.
Pleasant things: The common areas for sitting and chatting with family and friends were lovely. Board games were provided. There is a pool table and a small table if you wish to play cards. The outside is magnificent. The view of the mountains is breathtaking. The pool is gorgeous.
If you are looking for a place to stay outside of your room, The Stowehof is lovely. Perhaps if you upgrade your room, you will have more success than we did. All in all, it's not for us.

Room tip: Upgrade your room. The walls are very thin and you can hear your neighbor. Perhaps getting a corner room would alleviate this situation.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kendra Y, General Manager at The Stowehof, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear CrossingtheUS,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent Stowehof experience. While our hotel is not the best fit for you I certainly appreciate you highlighting the amenities that all of our guests love so much including the views, common areas and the many games to play. We are in the process of undergoing a rooms refresh to address the concerns you mentioned. I do hope if you are back in the area you will reach out as I would love to give you a tour of all the updates we are working on.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I along with other family members visited Stowe the first week in August. I was born in Vermont and my grandparents had a farm for years in Stowe. I had, however, never stayed at this hotel. The pictures on their website and the trip advisor comments sold me! I loved the rustic look! I knew it was an older place so I was hoping I would not be disappointed! All of my family who stayed there absolutely loved it! Molly was amazing! Our upgraded rooms on the third floor were spacious and inviting. Our bed was very comfortable. The one dinner we ate there was excellent! It was so busy and the guy who was waiting on everyone was working his head off but was very efficient and friendly! This place is so unique with so many nooks and crannies. They do have a lift which is so cute but it is slow so if you are unable to walk lots of stairs, be patient. It will get you there. The fire pit was so nice. The only thing I would want to see improved would be the breakfast. We are used to having sausage or bacon and scrambled eggs (not boiled). Gravy and biscuits would also be nice. I would pay a little more for a hot breakfast. Next time we visit Stowe, we will definitely stay there again. Fabulous stay! I am only giving it four stars because of the breakfast.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Val E,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am so happy to hear your experience exceeded expectations from the accommodations, food & beverage offerings, our amenities and the team. Thank you for mentioning Mollie, she sure is a gem and we are fortunate to have her! I also appreciate hearing every opportunity we have to improve. As far as breakfast we have adjusted to provide a small house made offering during the summer months and will be adding some hot items as the seasons change. We certainly hope to have you and your family as our guests again soon.