“Great beer and food”

Cuisines: American, Irish, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2015

My wife and I called in here for a beer after a lot of driving to Stowe. We had a look at their menu and decided to stay for something to eat, since their menu looked so appealing.
Their lager was great nd the wine was very good. The house Chardonnay was crisp and fruity while the house Merlot was rich and full-bodied with ripe fruit flavours.
The clam chowder was thick, creamy and very satisfying. Being an "Irish" pub their entrees sounded very appetizing. My wife had the meat loaf which had a spicy chilli glaze with tiny shreds of onion spread throughout a meaty loaf. It was perfectly complemented by the buttermilk mashed potatoes. I had the shepherd's pie (since they'd run out of sausages for the bangers and mash), which had juicy chunks of lamb in a rich gravy with corn. The gravy seemed to have a minty flavour which went well with the chive infused mashed potatoes and the finely shredded red cabbage. This had been braised in cider which gave it a delightfully appley taste.
The food and service was everything you would expect from somewhere that catered well for tourists.

2  Thank sandylindsay
There are newer reviews for O'Grady's Grill and Bar

Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

Offers limited selection of simple pub food. Both our meals, cottage pie and Guinness and steak pie were edible but basic lacking any sparkle and the puff pastry topping on the steak pie was burnt. Recommend you find somewhere else to eat.

Reviewed 21 September 2015

Friendly staff, casual dining and comparable prices. Great seafood - helps that the seafood market is next door and delivers fresh each day. Good selection of beers.

Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

My husband and I went here to eat while on vacation. He had a New York Strip and I had the fried Seafood Platter. It was great and the prices were great!!

Reviewed 8 September 2015

Delicious food, nice atmosphere, and waitress was wonderful!!! We were late in arriving since we had just gotten into Stowe, but everyone still very friendly and they didn't rush us either.